Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Party NL 2/4....Folding KK Pre Flop

What do you think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed)

UTG+2 ($176.90)
MP1 ($207)
MP2 ($236)
MP3 ($502.30)
CO ($434.70)
Button ($650.55)
SB ($180)
Hero ($384.50)
UTG ($230.80)
UTG+1 ($217.13)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button raises to $8, SB folds, Hero calls $4, UTG raises to $35, Button raises to $650.55 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG calls $195.80 (All-In).

Flop: ($891.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in) </font>

Turn: ($891.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in) </font>

River: ($891.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: $891.35
Old 05-03-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Party NL 2/4....Folding KK Pre Flop

I disagree with calling the $8 raise by the button, I would have reraised, it feels like too much of a blind steal.

With KK, I would probably also have pushed my entire stack in. But it's hard to say with no reads, and as a $25 NL PP player, pushing around that kind of stack makes me nervous [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 01:36 AM

Button Showed AA. UTG had JJ.

My initial thought process was that hopefully UTG would reraise and then I would set him all in, hoping for the more likely hands of AK, QQ, JJ etc. If UTG had just called the raise as well, I'd probably have played it pretty fast with no A on the flop. However, with both of gleefully jumping in with over 100bb stacks each, I figured someone must be on Rockets.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:38 AM

One of the rare times you can confidently fold KK preflop. I also would have reraised the button preflop, but given that you were planning to reraise UTG's potential reraise, that sounds okay as well. Nice fold.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My initial thought process was that hopefully UTG would reraise and then I would set him all in, hoping for the more likely hands of AK, QQ, JJ etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you possibly think that UTG would limp-reraise in this position? What amazing read did you have on him that you assumed he would limp-re-raise the button? I think you have to raise the button yourself, although in this case it was a good thing you didn't. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyhow, even if UTG DID limp re-raise, I would think of AA before I think of AK, QQ or JJ.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My initial thought process was that hopefully UTG would reraise and then I would set him all in, hoping for the more likely hands of AK, QQ, JJ etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? this makes no sense. what percentage of the time do you think an UTG limper, facing a raise, will reraise?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:35 AM

You're right that the percentage of times UTG would limp reraise was low (i'm thinking just over 10%). However, as I said, even if UTG just calls, I'm against just two players (although I'd prefer one) with position and deception. If a King hits, or even if there is just no Ace on the flop, I may be able to win some money.

In most cases however, I would have re-raised the button.