Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2004, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Disgusting card room management at Stars

Ok now be very very quiet. I will treat you like schoolchildren while some of you are worrying about what might be more than your annual salary.

And I am not a conspiracy theorist but did you all notice how many large and medium pocket pairs came out after the deal?
Old 05-02-2004, 11:00 PM

and Lee said "6 way deals are a huge mess."

hey Lee - maybe that's why they made you the poker-room manager. to handle such 6-way deals.
if you don't like them then perhaps you shouldn't be the poker-room manager.

why on earth do you think the decision is yours and not the players??

i haven't been following these tournaments at all...but based on what i have read here i have to say i find it truly awful that you would encourage players to avoid deal-making....especially based on the whole 'they're too messy' argument which implies you are just too busy to be bothered with handling it.

i've made a couple of deals at stars and was extremely impressed with the customer service.
i think one of the deals was a 4-way deal in a 2-table $11 SNG....so we're not exactly talking big-money.
we all had the same chip count and a couple players talked deal so i agreed also.
the p-stars representative came over to our table (extremely quickly) and took care of it and was extremely polite and professional (as is very common at stars).

additionally, he didn't try to talk us out of making a deal...which would have been completely stunning to me.

seriously Lee...what's the problem here??

if it were me i would send an e-mail to stars support expressing my dissatisfaction with the situation.
but it's not my tournament so i'll leave it to other observers and participants to go that route.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Pet Monster talking himself out of $2K?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe how much Pet Monster and Caulfield (was that his name? chipleader) kept voluntarily giving up in the deal-making process. I almost felt sorry for Pet Monster he was so desperate. The small stacks just kept quiet and maybe wavered a tiny amount and boom, more money kept flying at them. It was like they bullied the big stacks without doing anything. I've never seen anything like this, but then again, I've never seen a Stars deal-making process before so maybe this is not that surprising.

My favorite? We're $500 short. What, OK, please take it from me. No, take it from me. Short stacks, please, please agree. Good god.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Deals Online

Is there any other large site that allows deals? Party, UB, Paradise, Pacific? Never saw any discussions about deals there.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Listening to all of them attempt to figure out how to do a chip count

was worse than my last root canal! I can't believe the short stacks got $19000 apiece. I'll give credit to Purr of Aces, he definitely squeezed every last cent he could out of the chip leaders.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:35 PM

Default How hard would it be...?

For Lee or another member of the support staff to do a quick calculation and preface it with "PokerStars in no way encourages this deal and these numbers are for informational purposes only" (or insert other legal mumbo jumbo here)...but here are the calculations based on current chip counts. In most deals I have witnessed, players want to deal based on chip count, or at least use that as a starting point. Flatly refusing to assist in this process causes mass confusion with 3, 4 or in this case 6 players trying to work out a deal on their own. Some players do not even understand basic math concepts, and without some help, they are at the mercy of the other players. I guess that is not PokerStars problem, but Lee seems to get very stressed out and short tempered with these players, and could alleviate all of it with just a few adding machine keystrokes.

In last week's deal, EARLBRY was fighting for a WSOP seat at the same time. Give the dude a break and hit him with some digits, so he can focus on the game. Their rules state:

Deals:
If all remaining players in a tournament agree to split the prize money according to an agreed formula of their choosing, PokerStars will accept this agreement and transfer the funds after notification by all parties to the agreement.

The $500 transfer should not have been a problem. I know I am a week late on this, but man what a terrible deal that was! I understand that their rules also state they will have no part in the deal making process, but change that damn rule. Anyone that has ever witnessed a deal attempt on there knows how chaotic it gets.

In all other respects, PokerStars customer service is by far the best I have experienced.

Lighten up, Lee [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]!!

JSJ
Old 05-02-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Listening to all of them attempt to figure out how to do a chip count

Straight chip count says he should have got about $16.7K
Old 05-02-2004, 11:54 PM

Am I at all evil by thinking that refusing to deal with 5 or 6 left would be a great way to induce tilt at a final table?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Why doesn't Lee responds to the comments in this thread?

Whenever he wants to advertise for Stars, he does post. Last time a few hours ago, I believe, about a stars internal tourney, nobody cares about...

If it is in the rules that players are allowed to make any deal they want, how can he behave that way? 2 weeks in a row!

If Stars wants to change it's policy about this matter, then how about posting it?
And if that is not the case, you should do the job you are paid for and keep your destructive comments to yourself. At least until you can back them up with some written rules.

This is unworthy from the manager of a site that usually offers such good support.

William
Old 05-03-2004, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is in the rules that players are allowed to make any deal they want, how can he behave that way? 2 weeks in a row!

If Stars wants to change it's policy about this matter, then how about posting it?
And if that is not the case, you should do the job you are paid for and keep your destructive comments to yourself. At least until you can back them up with some written rules.

This is unworthy from the manager of a site that usually offers such good support.

William

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with William, was clearing the late nite grit out of my eyes to read if it was really so that it was a new case of customerdiservice by Lee.
ANY deal that is approved by ALL players still in is good in my book.

ToT