Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2004, 09:44 AM

Default how\'d I play this?

Table is typical Party. No reads except the SB. A few hands earlier he called a PFR w/ 93o in the CO and won a big pot. I'm not worried about him.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Not sure I like my play on any street except the turn.
Pre-flop is this an easy raise w/ 1 limper?
Flop I was planning to CR, after BB raises do I 3-bet?
River bet ok?

thanks.

-Jeff
Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: how\'d I play this?

I see no reason why you shouldn't 3-bet the flop here. Unless BB has JJ (and with no PF rise, it's unlikely), you have the best possible hand. Turn is fine, I would bet the river also.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no reason why you shouldn't 3-bet the flop here. Unless BB has JJ (and with no PF rise, it's unlikely), you have the best possible hand. Turn is fine, I would bet the river also.

[/ QUOTE ]

He dosen't 3 bet the flop because he wants the BB the bet again on the turn so he can raise on a more expensive street. If he 3 bets, there's a good chance that the BB will check call on the turn, unless he has a monster like JJ (which he probably dosen't) or a made straight on the turn in which case (BB) would check raise on the turn.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:04 AM

The flop looks raggedy so you played this one slow on the flop, but as the turn and river came, you wished you would have played a little faster to push out any 6's or 10's. You're probably beat, I think I would have checked on the river, but the fact you didn't get checkraised indicates there might not be a 10 out there..

If you're willing to fold to a check-raise on the river, than your river bet is probably ok, but I would rather be able to showdown this hand..

Old 04-30-2004, 06:11 PM

I'd say raise pf and bet out on the flop. If all the same players still came along and the BB again check raised the flop I like smooth calling to pop on the turn. It makes the draws pay the maximum, and anyone holding a Jack will probably come along if they are typical party players.