Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 12:47 AM

Default Re: SDouble on Poker Stars

neotope-

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how many times you could bust and rebuy to load up the table before the software started moving people around to different tables. I thought tournaments were setup to spread out the chip leaders?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember ever seeing a full table broken during a Stars tourney. From time to time, one player will be sucked away if another table drops to seven players but during the first hour of a big tourney another player usually replaces the player who was sucked away pretty quickly.

The only time someone using the "load up the table" strategy would be at risk is when someone busts and does not rebuy. If this action drops the total numbers of players in the tourney to a multiple of 9, then the table will break.

When the table does break, the software usually does a decent job of redistributing players so as to balance table chip counts (when I'm short, I end up next to a monster stack; when I'm high on the chip leader board, I usually end up as the table chip leader even if there had been another huge stack at my previous table).

In summary, I think balancing the tables is a secondary goal for the software. Shifting players with the least disruption is the primary goal so tables are usually not broken solely for the purpose of evenly distributing chips.

Anyone else see it differently?

Che
Old 04-28-2004, 12:55 AM

Come to think of it, I agree with you.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:11 AM

lol he says don't go over the top of me, else i'll commit suicide.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:52 PM

One of the reasons I put up the post Greg. I've read his posts as well and find him to be an A$$hole.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 PM

Che thanks for the great response. As I said I do not play a lot of tourneys so I am not up on how they work. Thank you for clearing it up.