Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 06:06 AM

Default I feel like a wimp

This hand has been bothering me. Did I totally wimp out? The other person in this hand was a typical loose short handed calling station.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac Qc (straight, ace high).
CO shows Qd 4c (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB. </font>
Old 04-27-2004, 07:20 AM

Default Re: I feel like a wimp

check/call on the river is ok. But it is much more likely to go check/check/MHIG than check/call/MHIG becuase of your check raise on the turn.
I'm prepared to go 2 on this river, but not 3 so I'd bet, and call a raise.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: I feel like a wimp

You didnt "wimp out" on turn. When you checkraise on a QQJT board (3hearts) and he 3bets with Q4. Well, what is he thinking you are raising with? I would put him on flush, a fullhouse or at least a straight.

But you are out of position so I would normally 3bet flop. If he raises with drawing hand or 2pair he will normally pay you off. And if he is raising with a Q, worse kicker, he will pay you off good.

If he caps flop there is a good chance that the straight/flush card on turn isnt his and you can keep on beeing aggressive.

Typical lowlimit players will think that if you had AQ you would slowplay flop (like you did) so when you dont they will pay you off.