Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 06:30 AM

Default Two huge hands from Party 10+1s

Hand #1
Stacks: T1000 SB (Tight/Passive), T1800 BB (Solid), T1200 UTG (Unknown), T2500 CO(Maniac, raises 40% of the time), T2500 Button (Me)

Blinds 50/100.

UTG folds, Maniac raises to T400, I reraise to 1000 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB folds, BB folds, Maniac calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Maniac bets 500, I reraise all-in (1000 more), Maniac calls, and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] River J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I go from chip lead to blinded out in one nasty beat. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hand #2
2nd hand of the next SnG, all stacks basically equal.

I'm the Cutoff with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, UTG+2 limps, MP min-raises to 30, Six people (including me) see the flop for T30.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Four checks to me, I check, Button bets T250, two people call, I check-raise all-in to T800, all 3 call.

Hands are: Button K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG Limper K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP min-raiser A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn and River are 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ) and I Quadruple (!) up.

Hand #1 Question: Does anyone avoid conflict there? Fold preflop or see a cheap flop? Against a solid player, I typically won't try to get too involved without a top-4 hand.

Hand #2 Question: Checking the flop a good idea? Thinking about it afterwards, it might not be a good idea to risk a free card there, but I had dollar signs going off under my eyelids [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Two huge hands from Party 10+1s

Hand #1. I fold preflop because he is the only stack that can hurt you even if he is a maniac. Easy push on the flop.

Hand #2 I fold it preflop but a lot of folks will disagree with that. Checking the flop with only the button to act is really bad, you need to bet.