Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 10:42 PM

Default Ptracker stats are abbysmal. I need help bad =(

I have been running horribly in full ring games. I have never done well at them, and I have no clue why. I can crush the 200+15 SNG's, the 15/30 6 max, and even multis. But when it comes to 15/30 and 30/60 10 handed, I can't win a dime. My opponents are very very dim, and I find it embarassing that I'm not winning, but I'm going through a 300-350 BB downswing. And of course, downswings feel far far worse when they are not preceeded by upswings.

The following stats are all the full table stats I have logged since the 10th. My stats before that date aren't any better, but are in a seperate ptracker database.

For the record, I seriously doubt that I'm not good enough to beat the 30/60 game, and practically posotive that my play is good enough to beat the 15/30, but this has just been abbysmal. Luckily, I have built up a strong bankroll, but my confidence is falling rapidly as well.

Please give me any pointers you can, every bit of speculation is appreciated.

Edit: Ok, got the UBB code working now
Old 04-25-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Ptracker stats are abbysmal. I need help bad =(

You're playing too tight and you're not folding your SB to steals enough.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:50 PM

Nothing in those stats looks particularly out of line. However, 5000 hands of 15/30 is not anywhere close to anything that would even resemble statistical significance. So, while it's possible that you're a really poor postflop player (your preflop stats look fine), it's also possible that you're just on a really horrible downswing. If this downswing is starting to affect your confidence and gameplay, it might be a good idea to drop back down to 10/20 or 5/10, book a few solid wins, and then move up when your confidence is back.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:17 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

what vehn said. too low vpip, too high folding blinds. blind stealing attempt seems very high for your vpip, so you could be losing a lot going too far there. preflop raise is low for this game.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:36 AM

Losing 3500 at 15/30 is nothing. You cn'at really see it as 350 bb cause 6000+ of that was at 30/60...so you're really looking at a 200BB drop which isn't anything to get OVERLY worked up about.

I say stay away from 30/60 until you feel 'good' again. If you drop another 3000 at 15/30 I'd drop back to 3/6 or something, lol.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:45 AM

ZeeJustin,

I've been around you a bit lately in the 15/30 and watching the 30/60. i've noticed you have been taking a bit of a beating in both games and wondered why. i did not see anything specifically even close to bad in your play except one brief period i watched seemed that you were a bit loose maybe tilting or just getting good series of starters. but now i see from the stats it might also have been the late position first in raises that made me think that.

another curious thing is the "folded to BB steal attempt" column. in 15/30, of the times you call in the sb after all fold and button raises you fold 71% of the time. but in 30/60, you fold only 55% of the time. to me, this means in 30/60 you feel the bb is stealing with a higher likelihood than in 15/30 (all cards being equal, and players in bb being equal, which they likely aren't) and are confident enough to follow through with that belief. in 15/30 you may have just given up mentally already in the sb when the bb raises. or i just don't know but that column is odd. i don't think there should be a 29% decrease in folds as the limits go up one level (on party, so thats not including 20/40, 25/50 which aren't spread there). either you're too loose in one or too tight in the other but both are highly unlikely to be significant, and tightly bound within their confidence intervals given the sample, and have you be playing correctly in both limits.

just an opinion and i may be way off. take care and i wish you nothing but the very best in your games ahead.
-Barron
Old 04-26-2004, 02:02 AM

I think he's overdefending his SB, not underdefending. I throw away my SB to a steal 85% of the time at 15/30.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 AM

Your big blind defense should be at 50% or little lower - I would go to your Position tab to see how much you are losing from your blinds - at the limits you are playing, blind play is more important than people talk about - in fact, not many people seem to talk about it at all. For example, I make 2BB/hr & I attribute the higher rate in large part due to my blind play - I make 66% of my total BB & SB back in wins and I fold 48% of the time to BB steal attempts. If I played against you and saw your stats, I would raise your blinds without looking at my cards 100% of the time. I fold my SB at a much higher rate depending on the blind structure.

In addition, your Won$AtSD% is out of line especially at the 30/60 level. Although it appears that the Went To SC% is in line - the Won$AtSD% is completely out of line - you should be at 60% +/-4%. That tells me either you're not reading your players correctly or you're running bad. My guess is that you're paying off too many times and you're laying down too many hands on the flop or turn to aggressive players. Evaluate your post-flop play - again, if I were to guess, you go to far with hands that you raise with preflop and you fold too many hands on the flop and turn to aggressive players - my guess is that your %s are a reflection of your short-handed style and experience. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:33 AM

Hey Justin,

I know I play a different game from a lot here, but I think your W$SD is too low. I personally think anything under 65% is too low, but I know most disagree so this is just my oh two.

GoT
Old 04-26-2004, 07:40 AM

"I personally think anything under 65% is too low, but I know most disagree so this is just my oh two. "

damn. thats crazy. how many hands do u have on ptrack? i personally think 65% is really high. btw, what is your went to SD?