Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Out In 15th

That was a brutal hand. I had been playing pretty fast. Ok, just below light speed, and I thought about it, and thought that someone might try to either fold me, or take me out with just about any pair.

At the time that happened, I was shortstacked, and well out of the money, and my open raise was for about 1/4th of my chips, and I thought a short time, and thought that you might have tried harder to trap me if you had AA, or KK, and so I convinced my self that you might make that raise with JJ and below, and that I was going to be facing a coinflip, instead of the disaster that I ended up surviving.

Given that I made such bad decisions on the KQ hand, and the AJsuited hand that I went out on, I was happy to see that you won.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:52 PM

Default The hand with The Bear

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed)

CO <font color="purple">(DylanW)</font> (t1310)
Button (t1790)
SB (t1465)
Hero (t1995)
UTG <font color="purple">(TheBear)</font> (t1210)
UTG+1 (t1105)
MP1 (t1655)
MP2 (t1355)
MP3 (t1380)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG <font color="purple">(TheBear)</font> calls t30, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO <font color="purple">(DylanW)</font> raises to t270</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1350</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(TheBear)</font> folds, CO <font color="purple">(DylanW)</font> calls t1040 (All-In).

Flop: (t2705) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Turn: (t2705) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

River: (t2705) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: t2705
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: t2665 (t2665), between DylanW and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="black">Pot won by Hero (t2665).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: t40 (t40), overbet by Hero.</font>

<font color="black">
Hero shows As Kh (one pair, sixes).
DylanW shows Kc Qd (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t2705. </font>

I just thought at the time my AK had DylanW beaten. Raise was basically sized to his stack, didn't want any strays coming in with queens. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Out In 15th

I actually thought you had something pretty huge yourself that hand. I think you were UTG and as you say it was a significant chunk of your stack. I was a little surprised to see the KQ but you're also right in saying you were shortstacked and I was very happy to get the money in regardless of the outcome.

I did think at the time though that I had raised too much and left you a way out. If you had another 1k I definitely needed a smaller raise.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes vs. InternetTexasHoldem.com--the hour draws nigh

Here is the score I came up with. Looks like my scoring structure is a little different, with the same end result though.

http://www.selachian.com/ithVSss1.htm
Old 04-25-2004, 10:39 PM

Lest we forget, thanks to bdk3clash and Ammbo for setting this up.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:42 PM

Yup was a good idea. Good job guys.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Congratulations Tosh!

[ QUOTE ]
... I limp UTG w/ QQ, intending to limp-reraise one of the ignorant ITH'ers at my original table. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Still Trash-Talking, Bear? Tsk Tsk.

I normally ignore such banter ... but c'mon, find some class or start sleeping with Helmuth. I'm sorry ... your final place was what?

And this, for my first 2+2 post.
BD
Old 04-25-2004, 11:30 PM

Mr. Bear trash talker finished 35th of 38... 21 places behind someone who didn't show up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Bear wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
After spending 5 minutes on the InternetTexasHoldem forum, I imagine 2+2 is going to have to play with some sort of handicap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from a guy who attempts to limp reraise early in a NL tourney with Queens. Yep.. That's a strong hand... I want action with that.. omfg

And we didn't even have BernardDogs playing to sick on you..
Old 04-25-2004, 11:41 PM

And this, for my first 2+2 post.

And a fine post it was, welcome to the forum.

If we were limp reraising with pocket Queens, I can see how we lost.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:47 PM

Well you didn't lose Bob.. Well done. You kicked ass at the final table. I had a tough time with your agressive play. I can't tell you how many times I think I folded the better hand to you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Of course you never limp re-raised with queens though.. Geesh..

Good job..