Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 03:36 AM

Default Re: american idol (spoiler from ET tv show) read if you own futures

I will take that bet.

booked

you effectively just paid a dollar per contract more than he is selling for. but hey, i got polident to buy.

appreciate the donation.

wooooo
Old 04-22-2004, 03:39 AM

to win the whole thing.

ahh, correct. i knew it was a mortal lock, whatever it was.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:40 AM

GREAT heads up by Granny...good analysis too. Who says granny's mind is addled by years of Vicks Vaporub? ( oh yeah, i did...)

-THis may have been the best thing possible for both Fantasia and Fantasia Investors. I feel that this will galvanize and motivate Fantasia fans into a call to arms, similar to last year when Rooo-ben was bottom 2 with about 5 left.

-MAN do i wish I had the $$$ in my neteller account to short GH at 17 like I wanted to. I guess part of it was I was hoping he'd bump up one more week, but oh well. He's still a good short at 11....cashing out 3 g's to neteller tonight...

-Jens voice: Shotgun
LaToya's voice: Rifle
George's voice: Saturday night special
Diana's voice: Derringer
Jasmine's voice:.357 magnum
John's voice: pea shooter
Fantasia's voice: Howitzer.

-On my own AI-related front, I have made the finals of what is said to be the largest Karaoke contest in the USA, if not the world. 30 people,(which i think is way too many, but eh, what can ya do..) will compete for over $7500 in cash and prizes, with first place being $2500 cash and a 4 day getaway to one of 6 different probably-not-so-exotic locales. It takes place in the chicago suburb of Schaumburg at a bar called Chicago City Limits next Thursday, April 29th starting at 8:30 pm. Don't miss this opportunity to cheer/jeer resident bulletin board idiot Daliman as he sings the Leo Sayer classic "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" in full 70's regalia!

-Funny how a $2500 first prize b4 would make me sell my left kidney( sold right one already to make the Cowboys trade Herchel Walker to my beloved vikings, ugh), and now, it's a decent nights pay. Ah, the mind-warping benefits of poker....

Old 04-22-2004, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i got polident to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then wear those pearly whites with pride on ME.

Bubs
Old 04-22-2004, 03:57 AM

her performance tuesday was one of the few that i had re-watched several times thanks to tivo. it was an amazing and powerful performance. i have never felt like she is screaming. i think you are complimenting her here.

btw all, dali got 100 times more talent than red. he's just wayyyyy too old.

gl next thursday. thank god apprentice is over. now you will only miss survivor.

Old 04-22-2004, 04:20 AM

I love that song, and I HATED her rendition. Oddly, I have had that song Jasmine sang stuck in my head since the show. She's BAAAAAAAAAAACK. Here's the thing about this season. Last season, Ruben and Clay had it all, this season the "bests" are spread out:

Best voice (technical): latoya
Best performer: Fantasia
Best personality: George
Best tone (that is, a voice you want to listen to): Jasmine
Most powerful voice: Jennifer
Most like an erie animated doll: Diana
Worst Ever: John Stevens

Anyhow, the game is up for grabs now, who knows what's going to happen. Fantasia probably should win, but I like Latoya's chances, and I wouldn't rule out some other bizarre finish. There is no one but red left that given some studio time couldn't make a decent sounding album. It isn't a Josh Gracin type travesty yet.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

her performance tuesday was one of the few that i had re-watched several times thanks to tivo. it was an amazing and powerful performance. i have never felt like she is screaming. i think you are complimenting her here.

btw all, dali got 100 times more talent than red. he's just wayyyyy too old.

gl next thursday. thank god apprentice is over. now you will only miss survivor.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did not see her full tuesday night performance, but heard some, and while she did a great job, I must admit I do feel she oversings at times and goes too gospel with her style. A great, powerful voice, but not always directed properly; thus, shotgun. That said, of course, she wuz robbed. I knew it as soon as Seacrest said "George, join the top 3..." that Seacreast was pulling the ol' switcheroo and America had F'd up.
I really am sort of starting to feel sorry for red, cuz he seems like a decent enuff kid, but he knows he's not only WAY out of his league, but that many people he now considers friend with MUCH more talent than he has have gotten the boot, and he knows it and knows why. I really can see it eating him up inside, but, then again, I'm sure he's soothed by the fact that he's still in and getting paid....
I know in MY contest, a good friend of mine got robbed and did not make it to the finals, and the whole time I was up on stage after being announced as a finalist, I don't think I smiled once because it bothered me so much that she got screwed. Mind you, I doubt I'm the one who took her spot, but it's sorta similar.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:39 AM

and goes too gospel with her style

then maybe this is why fantasia was second from last by a HAIR (closest margin for elimination in idol history).

i am a jew married to a buddhist. we have seen the movie passion three times because we both recognize a powerful film regardless of whether it is OUR message or not. what does this have to do with what you said? fantasia was rockin' gospel tuesday and we loved her performance tuesday more than any to date. i think barry was sincere when he said he always needed to hear miracle sung that way.

earlier when jen h took the stage, i knew from the second note that the song was going to build nice and finish huge. the hair on my arms stood up because i thought she was nailing it.

my top 2 were bottom 2. go figure

Old 04-23-2004, 12:34 PM

Don't ask me why I'm bumping this thread but I was just think abou this for some reason.

[ QUOTE ]
i knew jen h. would be the sacrificial lamb of the divas before top 4, but the divas being bottom 3 is just plain criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a couple things at work here that cause the divas to be at the bottom last week.

1) The teenage girl factor. They vote for the guy they think is cute, they kept that Marine guy in last year for too long and will keep the guys in a bit longer than they deserve this year.

2) People just assumed the Divas would get votes and didn't call.

3) The 3 ladies basically have the same fan base and are splitting the vote from that group. Musically they are all basically the same so if thats the style you like, you will vote for one of them but having 3 people who are basically the same even if they are the 3 best performers is a problem in this type of competitiom. As one or two of them get eliminated the fans of the fallen Diva will push the remaining one to victory.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:21 PM

In Norway the BIG favorite went out last week in 6th place, betfair had her at 60:1 to go out, so it was an earthquake.

So when the US favorite lost it was not such a surprize to us up north.