Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 2 hands against a world champion...

Firstly, I hope that's referring to the bigger home game, and not the one I was at. There weren't any players remotely close to forcing that when I was there.

Secondly, get that second table going in the big game.

Thirdly, nice plays, as usual. The check behind with both a good and a bad hand is an incredibly powerful play after a preflop raise. It opens up a wealth of opportunities, allowing you to either get them to bluff off their chips, or allow you to push them off a hand.

Fourthly, come to Vegas May 14 - 16 when Matt, Tommy, Alex, Bearcat, I, and my friend who came to your home game that one night will be there. In addition, my other poker-playing friend just won a seat in the Big One for $25 on ParadisePoker (gave away one seat, he won it), but he'll be there that weekend for warmups as well. My gf and I are staying at the Bellagio. Bring the wife. It'll be fun.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: morons...

Wow. I guess you should go patent this move because no one has ever thought of it before and it's so rare.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM

Default OT: are you back in town this Sunday, or still in Vegas? (n/m)

Old 04-21-2004, 01:58 PM

no defn. not the small game. no 3rd level thinking, just 3rd level drinking...although i think i might have to watch out for pokerslut.

the $500 game is very..uhhh...grumpy bordering on bitchy about talk of a second table or new players they still remember that one new guy from 4 years ago who got in a fight and threw his chips and blah blah blah...sooo..maybe someone else in l.a wants to host a 2-5 PL MIX?!?

as far as vegas goes i have 2 grrrr in "potential" basketball bets in my pocket if they pay off i have to go back and cash them in..right? i'll see if the wife buys it.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Limon:

OK, I'm lost. You say 3rd level thinking, but all I can see is calling bets then waiting for any sign of weakness and betting at the pot with nothing. I'd really like to be able to understand better.

Can you go into some detail on level 1, 2 and 3?
Old 04-21-2004, 03:44 PM

im not just looking for weakness, im showing strength. the "bluff call" is an incredibly powerful play when you're an unknown at the table.

im putting them on a hand and allowing them to put me on the wrong hand i call it 3rd level thinking but it's just tricky poker against players GOOD enough to be tricked...for a while. THEN YOU CHANGE GEARS or leave (i left, weaker prey at the palms)
Old 04-21-2004, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my friend who came to your home game that one night will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this be Ivan?