Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Results

CO took the pot with Queen high. He was holding the infamous Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Did I even have a chance against such cosmic powers [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Turn fold with overpair

excellent point, and one that i'm sure many readers didn't consider. good post reply trix!

(next time i'm against a preflop capper and i hold my favorite hand, 22{what's so funny?}, i'll jam like hell if the flop is paired small to middle and expect to take AA down!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

cheers!
Old 04-18-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Turn fold with overpair

Don't you think there's more value in letting your opponents draw pratically dead and not reraise. yes i know the pot is huge, but the flop is TT4 all they really got are runner runner draws or 2 outers. If u bet into the pot on the flop like u did and the next player raises I think I'd rather have a guy with a hand like AJ call 2 cold on the flop.

I think i'd play more aggressively if i had a hand like 99 or JJ because overcards are death.