Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 03:40 AM

Default Party Poker Million Guarenteed

Hi everyone, this is my first post... I had some questions regarding big payouts and taxes.... How would I withdraw my money so I get taxed least possible...thanks all who supported me today and go UCSD!

Old 04-18-2004, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Million Guarenteed

Cashout through neteller and use their debit card. It's not traceable like putting straight into your bank accout is.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cashout through neteller and use their debit card. It's not traceable like putting straight into your bank accout is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would do, as well.

Never had a big poker payout, but have had a couple good sized sports bets cash for me and this kept it under the radar.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:20 AM

Does neteller charge a fee for this, and what amounts per time would be good for this?

Old 04-18-2004, 02:06 PM

Better be careful. It seems like you're asking for advice on how to avoid paying taxes that you legally owe. As such, it could be seen as a criminal enterprise of some sort. While I doubt the IRS monitors this website, or could connect up to who you really are through it, if they did, you could be in for a nasty audit.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 04-18-2004, 04:51 PM

Yes they charge a fee. For every $1,000 you take out through the debit card it will cost you about $6 all together. You should take out most of the money through your debit card and some through your bank account so aren't entirely evading taxes.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:07 PM

Greg has a very good point here. The IRS is known to very aggressively prosecute people they decide are taking active measures to evade taxes as opposed to people who just make mistakes and underpay their taxes (who usually just face small penalities and interest). Schemes like Neteller debit card and going to check-cashing places are unlikely to be found out, but if they do find out, you could be subject to huge fines and/or jail time.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg has a very good point here. The IRS is known to very aggressively prosecute people they decide are taking active measures to evade taxes as opposed to people who just make mistakes and underpay their taxes (who usually just face small penalities and interest). Schemes like Neteller debit card and going to check-cashing places are unlikely to be found out, but if they do find out, you could be subject to huge fines and/or jail time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the overseas debit card idea definitely illegal, or a gray area?

eastbay
Old 04-18-2004, 11:07 PM

As long as you fully report everything, I doubt any of these means of withdrawing funds are illegal per se. However, if you use one of these withdrawal schemes, don't report the income, and then get caught, it's going to be pretty hard to sound believable when you try to explain how it was an honest mistake on your part.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)