Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 02:28 PM

Default help with exel

Need help with exell
04/16/04 02:22 PM Edit Reply Quote

I made a spread sheet with that tracks all my relusts by time location result ect and gives out by BB/ HR $/HR Standard D , i want to make identical copies of the sheet that only take the data from the original sheet within a certain criteria ie. Last 6 months, last 12 months, 4/8 8/16,ect. is there some sort of copy IF Funtion???

Old 04-16-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: help with exel

You can select (hilight) the data you want, and use the "save as" function...
Old 04-16-2004, 05:45 PM

I think Access would work much better for you to pull particular pieces such as 3/6 hold em in the last 6 months at a certain site, etc.

Not too difficult to do.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:14 PM

You can do what you are asking by writing a macro in visual basic for applications in Excel. From reading your message I think this is beyond the scope of your ability.

I will tell you an easy workaround. Use the autofilter feature from the tools menu and then you can temporarily filter the results that you want and copy them to a new sheet and copy the corresponding formulas. The only drawback is that you have to do it each time.

Another workaround is have formulas for all cells linking to your original sheet. Using the IF command you can then copy the result if it is one that you are interested in seeing based on your criteria, and putting in an empty cell if you don't want to see it.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:31 AM

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for, but I'll give it a shot.

You can use a separate tab and have the links equal exactly that of the original tab. For example in cell A1 of tab 2, it would read =(tab1)A1

Then for the area with the exact results, you can put in a formula like: (I'll put capitals on variables, everything in lower case is excel based, such as today() )

=if(today()-DATE FROM TAB1>120,"",APPROPRIATE CELL FROM TAB1)

This way, it will only spit out results for those dates that are within the last 120 days. You can do this for the results and the hours column, while the standard deviation columns would be the same formulas as on tab1.

Hope that was what you were looking for.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:25 PM

The function will work if i manually enter the time date code, but if do it as you have shown for some reason it wont recognize a cell valus as part of the formaula. Why could this be??? thanks allot
Old 04-17-2004, 07:17 PM

I'm not sure how to answer the question in words. If you would like, email me and I will send you a simple sheet with the formula that I had in mind. My email is KingYao@HoldemBrain.com