Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 04:08 PM

Default $2/$4 NLHE live hand from last night

As the title says, this was a 2/4 live NL Holdem game

The main cast:

BB ($300) - A bit of a loose caller. Habitually underbets when he has a made hand, then hems and haws and eventually puts more money into the pot when the flush or straight draw that will beat him hits the board. He often winds up with 2nd best hands, paying off to the winner. He practically has a neon sign over his head that says "I just made yet another mistake".

EP1 ($1k) - This guy is a solid, aggressive player. He will often bet or raise his draws since it pays off at this table.

Hero on Button ($500) - Yours truly.

On to the hand:

EP1, MP2, CO, and Hero (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) limp in, SB completes and BB checks.

Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I can barely contain my elation at flopping trips w/TK. Checked around to Hero, who makes it $30 to go. SB folds, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds. There's around $120 in the pot.

I'm thinking maybe flush draw vs. straight draw/maybe Jx vs. trips at this point.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I start thinking about getting away from this hand. However, BB leads out for $20, EP1 min-raises to $40, and now I'm looking at calling $40 in a $180, soon to be $200 pot (since I know BB will call and not reraise). When I saw EP1 raise, I considered that I might be looking at a K-high flush vs. A-high flush/flush draw. As I ponder what to do, I consider that I'm getting 5-to-1 immediate odds and so far as I can tell I can catch a 7,3,A, and possibly a J to win. I know that at least BB would make the crying call for another $100, and possibly even all-in depending upon the action, giving me pretty good implied odds if I pair up. So, I decide to call, and BB as expected calls.

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Well, this is not the droid I'm looking for. BB checks, EP1 makes it $80 to go, Hero folds, and BB calls $80.

Results in white below:

<font color="white">
BB flips over K-high flush.
EP1 shows J7o for a flopped boat.</font>

I welcome any comments and/or criticism of my play.