Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Only one choice of gun !

If you own a gun/s that is the gun most likely to kill you.

Therefore buy a squeeze grip. These guns also need a squeeze of the grip to discharge.(+Triger obviously)

An attacker (who has disarmed you and is now threatening you with your own weapon) will probably not realize this and his confusion at failing to spread your brains across the wall may give you the edge that results in your survival.

PS I am a brit and have never even seen a gun (thankfully) but I heard an ex SAS soldier currently working as a body gaurd give this info on radio 4.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true for most Americans.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Ray Zee u r such a pansy

well you got me there ray. i am computer geek. I'm going to down to the gun shop to order the 340pd you mentioned. thanks for the advice.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: I never thought I\'d say this

I havn't wanted to kick anybody's ass for about 10 years now. The point is that you should have the ability protect yourself from thugs and people who can kick the crap out of your or stab you or whatever. Someday if you have a family you will have an obligation to protect them and I don't care how tough you think you are, there are always threats that are physically more powerful than yourself.

Also, even back in the days when I would (rarely) fight, it was often a crap shoot as to who will win. If you get the jump on some guy and land the first punch you will probably do OK.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Ray Zee u r such a pansy

Ray,

I've decided to go with the Ruger Super Redhawk. I figure I can stop both humans and elephants from breaking into the house.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Therefore buy a squeeze grip. These guns also need a squeeze of the grip to discharge.(+Triger obviously)

An attacker (who has disarmed you and is now threatening you with your own weapon) will probably not realize this and his confusion at failing to spread your brains across the wall may give you the edge that results in your survival.

PS I am a brit and have never even seen a gun (thankfully) but I heard an ex SAS soldier currently working as a body gaurd give this info on radio 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never seen a gun, and you are giving advise about them. Have you ever considered working for our government?

Every "fact" in your post is unsubstantiated hearsay. You may even be qualified as a government consultant.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:28 PM

Someday if you have a family you will have an obligation to protect them and I don't care how tough you think you are, there are always threats that are physically more powerful than yourself.

Perhaps your police force needs more funding.

A competent, honest police force is the precise reason that we don't need guns.

Also, even back in the days when I would (rarely) fight, it was often a crap shoot as to who will win. If you get the jump on some guy and land the first punch you will probably do OK.

I don't mind fighting (I'm not a particular fan of it either), but it's a regular occurence in Junior lacrosse and hockey games. Expected, really.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:34 PM

G:"Perhaps your police force needs more funding. A competent, honest police force is the precise reason that we don't need guns."

Please god tell me he's being sarcastic. I can't quite tell.

TAFKAn
Old 04-15-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Perhaps that\'s the problem with America

Where I live, the police are good people. They're respected. They're fast to respond and they're helpful. They joke around with people on the street. And 4 million people live in my city.

That's just the way it is. And I like it. And so does everyone else.

I feel sorry for you if that's not the case, and certainly can see why you would feel like you needed a gun.

Frankly, I want to live my life without worrying about that sort of stuff, and for the most part, I don't.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Reputable sources.

The dissemination of informtion relies much on the repeating of information from reputable sources.

SAS+ Radio 4. You dont get much more reputable than this.
If you hear something on Radio 4 you can garantee that it is TRUE.

You are 76% more lilely to be killed with your own weapon than that of a weapon belonging to another individual.
Think being killed by

1. Accident
2. Wife/Kids
3. Suicide
4. Being disarmed.
(Criminal Census Burea 2003)