Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Please count my mistakes!

The player I am involved in was capable of folding hands from what I previously saw. Boy was I wrong this time and it cost me.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows 3d Ah (two pair, fives and threes).
Hero shows 9h Th (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Button wins 7.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-14-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Please count my mistakes!

You are out of position and have chit, fold on the flop and move on to the next hand.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:43 AM

I don't understand your c/r, you don't have anything?
If you were going for a pure bluff, good try but it didn't work. Check/fold the turn!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:45 AM

I agree. Folding on the flop is the best move here. The pot is small, you don't have the odds to chase overcards.

Good luck,

Matt
Old 04-14-2004, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The player I am involved in was capable of folding hands from what I previously saw

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless somebody is folding face up you don't know what there folding, this is diffrent from knowing they will fold when they catch any piece of the flop.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:02 AM

I think my biggest mistake here is not raising preflop to get the BB out and represent a big hand. I could have then led out no matter what the flop and probably picked up the pot. I agree the hand was played very poorly post flop, but again, I think the biggest mistake takes place preflop. Comments?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:03 AM

I think the best way to take a shot at this pot is to bet the flop. If the other two guys will fold about half the time, you make a small profit. Its a good semi-bluff.

Save your check-raise semi-bluff and bet the turn for when the pot is a little bigger.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:13 AM

Biggest mistake made in this hand preflop was the button's open limp with the Ace/trash offsuit. Raising preflop would have lost you another small bet. You can't buy every pot and this is not the hand I'm going to attempt to go to war with a calling station, you will lose more then you will win.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:36 AM

IMO, this could be quite profitable if your opponents are observant. Playing a legit hand this way later could easily make up what you lost. I get the impression, however, that advertising as a nutcase was not your intention.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:10 PM

This is a perfect 2-4 hand to prove that you can't bluff calling stations in low limit games. You know he has something and after taking a shot at the pot on the flop you need to shut down and try for a free card. A calling station will be happy to call you down with second or third pair every time so don't waste your money. Unless you can show down the best hand than check and fold to a bet on the turn.