Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: 75-150 hand

You wouldn't really fold 10-10 would you?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:24 PM

You played it fine until the turn. You should bet the turn.

If CO raises and UTG folds then you pay off.

If CO raises and UTG calls then you fold.

IF CO calls and UTG folds you are in good shape.

If CO calls and UTG calls then check on the river river and do not call after UTG calls. Otherwise pay off.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:26 PM

Do you think UTG+1 knows that the CO is overagressive with marginal hands? If he does I've got to think that he would have CR or bet a Q on the flop. Assuming UTG doesn't have a Q and CO could have a pretty wide range of hands I think betting the turn gives you a better chance of winning this pot. If the CO raises he puts the pressure on UTG+1 and I think you want him to fold his overcard(s)/JJ. If the action goes Call, Call, you pray no A or K comes on the river.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:32 PM

In that case, a player who 3-bets a reasonable UTG with A5s could have anything here. 98s, AA who knows.

I'd use the 4-bettor as leverage to pry out UTG. In this case, getting him to call 2 SB's cold on the flop by betting out and having it raised by the 4-bettor is probably your best chance. (If UTG has a Q and thinks you're solid(good), you're not losing him to a turn cr anyway, I believe.)

If UTG calls the flop I would check - then fold if UTG calls the turn again.

If UTG folds the flop, I would stop-n-go on the turn. Whether or not I called a raise by 4-bettor would depend on my feel at the table.

EDIT TO MY FIRST POST: "If you don't have a good enough line on his play I say check-fold the flop."
I meant check-call.

Regards,
Jamie
Old 04-13-2004, 07:37 PM

I would bet the turn because there is a good chance you are best at this time, and there are so many overcards that can beat you. If you bet and CO calls, the first guy might fold a hand like AK or even magnificently JJ. If he raises you can probably reassess the situation based on "how" he raises and if the first guy calls.

Though checking with the intention of folding if the first guy calls isn't a bad play, either. I suspect your EV is pretty neutral here(the chance that you are ahead and betting gets the first guy out vs. the chances that you are behind and a check and call show you that). I just hate the times that I check and he checks it through and a K or an A fall on the river. Overaggressive opponents will play AKs or AKo the same way that this opponent has played his hand.
-James
-James
Old 04-13-2004, 08:06 PM

Boris is exactly correct.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:26 PM

Against one player okay. Against two bet the turn.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:13 AM

I dunno. . . DC might be in 3rd place here.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't really fold 10-10 would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i would.

i = J_V [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason everyone is a little too loose and overaggressive is because everyone else thinks everyone else is a little too loose and overagressive and then they start 3 betting hands tehy normally might fold (perhaps 10-10?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Its because people 3-bet UTG raisers with A5s and coldcall with KTo. Not because people 3-bet with TT. There certainly exist players I will fold TT to preflop for a single raise, but they are very few and far between in this game. I think it is safe to say you will get eaten alive if you start folding hands like TT in this spot in this game. I could be wrong.