Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 04:34 PM

Default basic questions concerning online gambling

1. Has anyone had experience with Pacific poker? Any other sites worth mentioning?

2. I like to play holdem and 7 card stud. Starting with a $1000 bankroll, what stakes seem appropiate for each game?

3. What seems to be the most effective method of deposit, now that some banks to not allow this type of transaction?
Old 04-11-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: basic questions concerning online gambling

[ QUOTE ]
1. Has anyone had experience with Pacific poker? Any other sites worth mentioning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never played there, I've heard the games are soft though. Most people here play on Party or one of its skins (Empire, etc ...) because it is the largest site and has the most games to choose from at the low-mid limits. More games = more fish = more money. Some people can't sand party and play at other sites for various reasons, the most popular alternatives are Pokerstars, Paradise Poker, or Ultimate Bet.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I like to play holdem and 7 card stud. Starting with a $1000 bankroll, what stakes seem appropiate for each game?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1000 should be good enough to play $2/4 if you have any B&M experience. If not, you might want to start a bit lower and make sure you can beat the online game before putting a lot of you BR at risk.

[ QUOTE ]
3. What seems to be the most effective method of deposit, now that some banks to not allow this type of transaction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller ( neteller.com )is the most common method of deposit/withdrawal used on the boards. All the major sites use neteller so its very convienent for moving money between sites for whatever reason you may have with bonus hunting being at the top of the list. Its free, but can sometimes be a bit slower than some of the alternatives, although now that many of the sites are using the inta-cash feature and picking up the tab this problem can often be avoided as well.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: basic questions concerning online gambling

I play Pacific and i like it, as long as i can play Party at the same time, the software is very slow and you can only play one table at a time, also no access to hand histories other than a video playback from the software, so no pokertracker...But the games are insanely soft, i think softer than party...With 1k you could easily start 2/4 there if you have any experience, if not play .50/1 or 1/2 till you get comfortable with the software and with holdem...