Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 07:56 AM

Default Right/wrong?

15-30. I'm on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Everyone folds to button-2 who raises. Button-1 coldcalls. I call. BB call.

Right/wrong?

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button-2 bets. Button-1 calls. I raise. BB coldcalls. Button-2 calls. Button-1 calls.

Right/wrong?

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets. Button-1 calls. Button-2 calls. I raise. BB reraise. Button-2 folds. Button-1 folds. I call.

Right/wrong?

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets. I raise. BB reraise. I cap.
BB call.

Right/wrong?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

/d
Old 04-07-2004, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Right/wrong?

Fold preflop.

The BB calling 2 on the turn and then betting out into 3 opponents, sure looks like he made his draw, so call.

How many buttons are there? Are you talking abou the Cut-Off (CO) position right of the button and the CO-1 position right of the CO?

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 04-07-2004, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you talking abou the Cut-Off (CO) position right of the button and the CO-1 position right of the CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And thanks (I figured he hit (or slowplayed the draw), but also figured I had many outs and wanted to know where everybody stood...

/d
Old 04-07-2004, 09:18 AM

hmmm, i dont think u should fold a hand like that preflop. nobody has called yet, he might be on a steal with an Ax or something the like!
I would sure raise the turn again, u got so many outs(ok, some only split the pot) capping the river is automatic!
Old 04-07-2004, 09:19 AM

by the way, did u win the pot?
Old 04-07-2004, 09:27 AM

hmmm, i dont think u should fold a hand like that preflop. nobody has called yet,

There is a caller between the raiser and our hero. It's tough to read, but it's there.

he might be on a steal with an Ax or something the like!

You're not defending your blind versus a sole-open-raiser and the worse case senarios you have come up with still are better than QJs and all the others have the hand dominated.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 AM

yep, true...i just reread it!
all the better, more callers for ur hand! QJ's is perfect for many callers, and i think it is still a playable hand for 4 or more players!
of course u have to muck the hand if not suited!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:22 AM

I'd like to see a few more people tied to this pot before I call 2 cold with QJs, but we're in the hand.

This is the sort of flop you fear with QJ, you hit bottom Two, But AK - AJ, AA-JJ wouldn't be out of the question from your preflop raiser. I would also raise to try to limit the field, but no so much for information, Most of the probable hands that are beating you wouldn't be able to 3 bet here. Since everyone came along on the flop, I'm going to do my best to put in only 1 bet on the turn, because I simply do not know where I am. So even with your additional diamond outs on the turn, I don't like the raise there. The BB coming to life on the turn is pretty strange considering that card. The preflop raiser exiting the action after the turn 3 bet also surprises me. At this point KT or Trips afraid of the diamond draw is what I'm putting the BB on. When the river comes diamond, The only hand left to fear that fits with previous reads is KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and I'm just not giving him credit for that. I like the cap. I take it you're online since that's a 4 bet cap HU on the river, but I'd take this one pretty far beyond 4 bets if possible.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Results

Thanks for the input. Yes I thought the preflop call was margin, but I didn't "trust" either the raiser or the coldcaller. I wasn't sure about the raise on the flop either but thought I might get rid of someone and maybe get some more info... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When the BB woke up on the turn I thought he probably had a straight or *maybe* something else (what that else would be I didn't know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) but I wanted to know where I/he stood and thought that I had enough outs to do it so I raised him. When he reraised I was *very* sure he had the straight.

When the turn came and he reraised me the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] struck my mind, but I thought that would be a rare hand so I capped it. Of course he had it for the nut all the way... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

/d
Old 04-07-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Results

Wow that is painful and expensive. Nice hand though, and again welcome to the forum.