Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2004, 01:46 AM

Default MaxPower and I in a Big Pot

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 <font color="purple">(MaxPower)</font> raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 <font color="purple">(MaxPower)</font> caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MaxPower calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 28.66 BB, between Hero and MaxPower.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MaxPower (28.66 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah 7h (full house, sevens full of aces).
MaxPower shows Kc Kh (full house, kings full of sevens).
Outcome: MaxPower wins 28.66 BB. </font>
Old 04-03-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Re: MaxPower and I in a Big Pot

To add a little background, I was having a really terrible night. One of those nights where nothing goes right. I didn't know that UTG was Jezebel.

MP1 and MP2 - there really aren't words that could possibly describe how bad these two players are. In this session alone, MP1 cold-called more raises than I have in my entire life. They were both seeing 60-70% of the flops.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:35 AM

I think it's pretty obvious he has KK. Especially if you know he is a 2+2er and most likely on autopilot multitabling. He bet the turn knowing full well there is nearly a 99% chance he'll be called. You can't beat anything he has here. AA/KK, and it looks exactly like how a tight/aggro would play KK trying to win a huge pot on the flop.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:17 AM

I don't like your coldcall preflop. When it comes back to you for 3 bets, I would have folded. You are probably dominated at best, and you also might have to call a cap as well.

After that, I can't really argue with your plays. The raise on the flop seems a little aggressive from Maxpower, but the pot was fairly large preflop, and if he was planning on taking a free card on the turn, and calling the river, it seems ok.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Old 04-03-2004, 09:45 AM

Bob,
The preflop call was definetly shaky and a call I rarely make. When the action got back to me, I figured I was getting 13-2 against one good player and several calling stations. Having Max on my left made me feel like I could max out my profit if I hit good, since I know he will bet all of his premium hands against this lineup.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:39 PM

If I was you I may have let this go on the turn, big pot or not. With Max capping preflop the only hands I put him on are AA (you're beat and drawing dead) KK (you're beat and drawing to a 2 outer - one of the 2 remaing A's) AK (probably suited) (you're beat and drawing to a 2 outer - one of the 2 remaing 7's), with an outside possibility of QQ - but once he bets the turn I eliminate QQ as even an outside possibility. I just don't see him betting QQ when the board has both an A and a K on it.

So we have AA (1 way since 2 A's are out), KK (3 ways) and AK (1 way if we assume suited - the AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). That makes it most likely he has KK.

So at best you're drawing to a 2 outer, a 22 to 1 shot. Factoring in the possibility of already drawing dead the pot would have to give you better than 22 to 1, and at this point it's just not close enough IMO.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:38 PM

I'll admit my raise on the flop was a little much. Still, it was a huge pot and wasn't about to fold. I think if we posted this on the micro-limit forum we would get 10 posts telling me to fold on the flop.

The two guys behind me could have had anything. Jezebel was certainly showing a lot of strength by betting the flop, so I've got to assume I am drawing to 2 outs.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:43 PM

Well, if you are going to get out of line, do it on a small bet street [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.