Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Building a home Poker Table

[ QUOTE ]
One other thing - I'm curious to know exactly what fabric people used for the surface. (Besides the expensive stuff.)

[/ QUOTE ]

We did a lot of looking around in the fabric store. We ended up purchasing some kind of satin-like high thread count cotton. It came in six or seven colors and we chose black 'cause it looked wicked cool. The cards slide beautifully, and it only cost us $20 for the fabric and the padding.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:59 AM

You dont have to be such an ass...but maybe I just wasn't clear...

Its obvious what a dedicated dealer is, but if you aren't paying them, who would offer to deal without getting paid? Seems awfuly boring, considering they could be in on the action...

[ QUOTE ]
jumpthru wrote:
[Can you explain a dedicated dealer in a home game??]

dedicated : to set apart to a definite use
dealer: to distribute (playing cards) to players in a game

I'm surprised anyone in this forum would need an explanation of these terms....

jumpthru wrote:
[Did you hire someone? You must rake I assume?]
1st your question: NO
2nd your assumption: NO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-02-2004, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Try http://proxify.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Dam, this was blocked too. Thanks for the idea though.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW what are the dimensions on that table?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a full 8'x4'. Replacing the fabric involves pulling out about 100 staples. Not hard, but tedius. Do I regret putting drink holders in? Not sure why I would regret that...
Old 04-02-2004, 11:40 AM

As for the drink holders, thats a nice table, and if you have alot of people over, they are going to spill. That's why I tend to prefer the paradise poker method of small side tables for drinks/food. Just wonderin if you've had a problem with it or not.

Also 4'x8' wow! thats a big table. Any problems dealing across a table that big?
Old 04-02-2004, 01:01 PM

I think Yo meant that one of the players is the dedicated dealer. Rather than rotating the dealer, one person will deal the whole night or perhaps a set amount of time (deal rotates after 1 hour). Unless of course, Yo has a "gimp" locked in his closet who will deal for free. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
G$
Old 04-03-2004, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont have to be such an ass...but maybe I just wasn't clear...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first assumptions and questions indicated you were a jerk. And your response, simply proves it. RUDE, and jump in the gutter first opportunity.

Our game runs fine, 2 tables every week, 10-11 players per table, dedicated dealers, players joining the action late that help keep the games going 10-14 hours, and 100% return rate on new players, a players list of 80+ names.

Had you asked in your first question nicely, I would have answered it clearly. But being the ass that I am I will decline to answer your questions, and leave you with your false assumptions.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:45 AM

No sir. I believe you are the JERK. Your sarcastic tone and condesending attitude show that jump was correct in his assesment of you and that I would love to have you play in my game, because your propensity to flaunt your I.Q. would give me all I needed to underthink you and take your money.

suckafish
Old 04-03-2004, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No sir. I believe you are the JERK. Your sarcastic tone and condesending attitude show that jump was correct in his assesment of you and that I would love to have you play in my game, because your propensity to flaunt your I.Q. would give me all I needed to underthink you and take your money. suckafish

[/ QUOTE ]

First I didn't start with "ass" someone else did, 2nd even if my initial response wasn't the courteous response expected. Words like please, thank you, and I would appreciate, go a long way when you are asking for someone to share something. I get emails from all over the country and gladly help people with information for their home game. But when someone seemingly demands that I "explain", and then makes false assumptions, as if he is an authority, then I am going to throw some curves at them to see how they respond. My "read" was correct, and the response expected. Rather than back-up and ask in a courteous manner, the dude’s response was even more caustic.

Now on to you, without even knowing who I am or how I play poker, you assume a position of superiority, declaring you will destroy me in any poker game. How do you know this, where do you perceive you have an edge? While it is possible you are the superior player, I have no evidence of this. Can you offer the names of some famous players you have beaten? Are you a poker pro, and your only source of income is poker, can you name any tournaments with an entry fee over $500 that you can say you won or made the final table, have you ever worked full time as a prop? Do you have a clue how I might answer those questions? But frankly, I don’t care. I don’t need to prove myself to you or anyone, and I certainly don’t need to go on a forum and declare myself superior to you or anyone else, like some second grader. Rather
lets stick to the issue. Ask in a nice way, don’t declare false assumption, and the response should be the courteous desired response.

On that note, this will be my final response to this thread.
Any further assumptions or declarations of superiority from you or your friend, will be viewed for entertainment value only, and you can have the final word.

yours truely, "the jerk", "the ass"
Old 04-04-2004, 02:33 AM

grow up guys and play poker

thanks for the table info