Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Lucky, Stupid, or was this good?

Had a feeling all the crazy raising was people pumping their flush draws, but still- how many things did I do wrong here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Dids is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Dids completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Dids calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Dids calls.

River: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Dids checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Dids shows Jd Ts (one pair, jacks).
BB shows Qh 4h (high card, queen).
MP3 shows 8h Th (high card, jack).
Button shows 9s 9c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Dids wins 18 BB. </font>
Old 04-02-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Lucky, Stupid, or was this good?

Nudge?

Still wondering if anybody would call two bets with TP average kicker in that spot.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 AM

Interesting hand. Some very odd play by BB and Button.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:04 PM

I belive I would play this the same, though I would think I was beat by the 3-bet on the turn knowing how micro players love to slowplay their sets on the flop. BB's play is confusing at best though.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:09 PM

it's situational. What were your reads on your opponents? Most of the time I would muck it expecting my kicker to be bad or at least having that 5 make someone trips or two pair. appartently your opponents were iddiots and their raising requirements were extremely loose. after seeing this play id check call all the way down with a mediocare hand in the future and raise every chance i got with a good hand.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:12 PM

yeah unfortunatly that 5 would make me assume a set was made. But he is a fool for going that far if he had 55, right?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:19 PM

again. situational. Do you think they would have folded a small pair in the pocket? Obviously not since they raised and reraised on the turn with nothing. I stopped giving a lot of my opponents to much credit. It cost me to much money assuming they would be at least semi-logical. join games with waiting lists and watch every game before you sit in it. write notes on your opponents before you play and when you enter the game you'll have a better idea of who youre playing against.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:27 PM

I actually assumed the first raise was somebody pumping their flush. The second I thought either had a set or was pumping the same flush. He raised really quickly after the initial raise, and something told me that that was a raise motivated more by emotion than by logic. I'd love to see that these were reads, but it's probably just lucky guesses.

I was tempted to fold, but it was a huge pot and I still potentially had the best had if a heart didn't fall. This was one of those hands that Ed Miller won for me (although he says "one bet", and this was more than that).

What if somebody had bet on the river? I told myself that given the size of the pot I'd call one bet, but not any raises.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:45 PM

I personally agree with you. After playing at party for a little while, I dont have much respect for thier plays. Even if you bet the river and get called, no biggie. There is no flush, and if he has a better kicker why wait till the turn to raise. The set is scary, but I dont like to think that waiting for a set on the turn is wise when an overcard falls.