Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 11:04 AM

Default I flopped a set, now what?

Live pot limit game with 1/2 blinds. I have about $100 and most of my opponents have me covered.

I open limp in EP with 44. Couple limpers to the BB who raises $10 more. I think a bit and know most of the limpers will come along if I do, so I call. A total of 5 of us see the flop which comes:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $20 into $60ish pot. I am next to act. I have about $90 left. If the BB has a big pair or a big flush draw he will call a big bet for sure. If he has big cards or a medium pocket pair he will probably fold to a big raise. The limpers behind will definitely call $20 with flush draws, straight draws, and possibly top pair, but most likely fold those hands to a big raise.

What's my move?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: I flopped a set, now what?

Easy all-in.

If you take it down right there that is not bad. If someone has the flush draw, you do not want to let them draw cheaply. Alternatively, if no one has the flush draw, a club may come and kill your action. Finally, if you are behind to the straight, you want to get all-in now with two cards to come.

Paul