Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Neteller withdrawals for European players

I was hoping some European players could suggest the best withdrawal method from Neteller. Is cheque best (or only solution)? If so, are they fedexed to any European country - is there any problem cashing dollar cheques. Is there any way for electronic transfers for European players? Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Neteller withdrawals for European players

You can get a Sterling check sent by Poker Stars, that is how I cash out. Otherwise it is all bloody USD cheques which cost a fortune to deposit.

(my Icelandic bank said it would cost $75 to deposit a USD cheque! I thought a tenner was bad...)

Anyway those stupid americans have let their currency get so weak that it is hardly even worth cashing out!

Tim
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 AM

You can also get EURO cheques sent which are probably more useful in Italy, as I don't think we'll be claiming back the Roman Empire anytime soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

You need to change you base currency to EURO and then request a cheque as normal.

You can also request a Neteller debit card which is can be used at ATMs worldwide. I know a couple of posters here use it, but there are too many fees and restrictions for my liking.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:03 AM

Tim

Do you have to request this option from Stars customer services? When I cashed out there I didn't get offered any options, it automatically reversed the previous Neteller deposits I'd made (I didn't cash out the full deposited amount as I was just moving funds around for bonuses).

Presumably this policy is in order to prevent me using Neteller to deposit, say, Party winnings into Stars in order to get a Sterling cheque. However, other UK players have also suggested this is how they get their winnings paid so I'm intrigued as to whether there's a way around this.

Sheriff
Old 03-30-2004, 10:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I assume it is relatively straighfroward changing the base currency on Neteller.
Thanks again
Old 03-30-2004, 10:38 AM

i think neteller debit card is the best option. i got mine today =)
There are some fees and i think they are about $4 for a $1000 cash-out (at an POS-terminal or ATM-machine).
If you dont use the card it 30 days they take a fee of $2, and so on until you reatch 0 ( from your debit card, not the neteller account..)
earlier it whas possible for international users to "depostit" the cash back to neteller from the debit card, but thats not working right now..... neteller dont know when itīs going to work again.....

If you dont whant to use neteller debit card, maybe you can deposit to multipoker and then to your bankaccount (they recently got that payment option), dont know if it work whit italian bankaccounts, but whit swedish itīs free of charge..
Old 03-30-2004, 12:42 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

leave your brain-dead political commentary out of the discussion