Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Default any chance of getting a ring game at foxwoods this weekend?

i was thinking of making the trip down to foxwoods friday night... until i realized it was NEPC time.

i'm not interested in the tourny -- does anyone know if they'll have any ring games open, or are all the tables used up late into the night on friday? would there be a better chance of getting in a game on saturday?

i imagine the wait lists must be really bad during the events, so even if they do have ring game tables open, it's probably an eternity to sit.

any thoughts -- do you recommend waiting until next weekend or heading down and trying it out?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: any chance of getting a ring game at foxwoods this weekend?

With the influx of players, the games are great at tourney time. I was there this past weekend (with Dynasty, JTG51, Joe Tall, and BottlesOf) and we all managed to play (thanks Bottles! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

My suggestion to you would be to get there early, VERY early. Put your name on a bunch of lists (it took Joe Tall 7 hours to get into the 5-10 game), and pray. Praying always helps! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 03-30-2004, 10:18 AM

They had 1100+ people for the $300 no-limit tourney... so many that the tournament encroached on the regular poker tables. Every list I saw around 10:30 was 4 lines long with almost nobody being moved because of the shortage of ring games (until the tourney thinned out).

Monday was surprisingly light though, with small lists or no lists. 7pm and the microphones were calling tons of open seating still.

I wonder what it'll be like during the main event.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:02 AM

I was there Thursday night through Sunday. And the lists were worst on Friday. Sat was still not good, but I signed up at about 8:30 and was on a table by 9:15. I would just suggest getting there very early. I don't think it will be as bas as last weekend though.