Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: all u consistent winners out there e.g. david ross etc

No, that isn't normal. The reason people recomend a 300BB BR is becasue its really friggin hard to lose 300BBs as a winning player.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:29 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i lost 300bbs over 5 days last week playing 6 tables of 15/30, and while it was the worst it's gotten for me i don't believe that it's worth jumping off a bridge or quitting poker. i am certainly a winning player, even for the month. i think you may be underestimating how loose/aggressive mid-limit online games are, and the swings that come with it.

people will generally play worse when they're seriously beat down, but i think that people will play worse in their leakiest of places. that could be going too far with medium pocket pairs, overplaying overpairs, defending their blinds too hopelessly, or whatever. this opens up a good opportunity to identify leaky areas and march back into it with a fresh outlook.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:06 AM

nice to see some support for people on losing streaks... currently for the past 3 weeks+ I've dropped about 2g's; each session is usually break even or down a few hundred. its been incredibly frustrating and i've been questioning the way i play and my skill. i've even tightened up considerably, playing 15-17% of my hands. in one 1000 hand session i only won 4% of my hands.

on a related note, whats the "normal" hand % won?
Old 03-27-2004, 03:11 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i believe the general goal is to go to showdown less than 40%, and win at showdown more than 50%. right now i'm 39.67/49.43 and pretty happy with that. i play more hands than a lot of people (21.5% vp$ip over a hundred thousand hands) so i think my stats are less desirable to a tight guy, but i could actually be making more money.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:43 AM

ugh. so i know 300BB is the bankroll guideline... but its frustrating how long this streak has been going... i think its been at least 3 weeks sinec i've posted a solid, winning day. down about 2500 in 3 weeks.

just now, i got AA and KK within 4 hands.
KK ran into AQ and Q10, board was 66Q/Q/blank
AA I open raised, BB called with 98 and flopped two nines.

probably one of the most frustrating times of my poker career. just needed to vent.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i lost 300bbs over 5 days last week playing 6 tables of 15/30, and while it was the worst it's gotten for me i don't believe that it's worth jumping off a bridge or quitting poker. i am certainly a winning player, even for the month. i think you may be underestimating how loose/aggressive mid-limit online games are, and the swings that come with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is playing 6-max tables then it is certainly much more likely he is just running bad than at a full ring game. I still think that if a relatively new poster comes on and says hes just lost 300BBs in a week that its much more likely hes got some serious issues with his game than that he is just unlucky and hitting the mother of all losing streaks.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:01 AM

Default Re: ur worst run and opinions needed

Are these people forgetting that half your play is shorthanded? Playing 2 short and 2 full! Man ur buzzi! Playing 1 short is a mother already. Common guys, your telling me that you can win playing 2 short and 2 other games! Am I missing out on something? I use to play 3 or 4 full and have droped down to 3 or 2 full at most these days ( and im still young) . I've try short games with the full games and it is too buzzzi. In a short game you have to be over agressive constantly and play extreamly well at all times. Its almost impossible except for some few. I now stick to 1 short and 1 full, or 3 full games. I never try to play 2 short games at once anymore.

I think in this case your not on a losing streak. Your just playing poor poker. Dont argue with me here, i've been there. When I moved from 2 games to 4 on my first try, I played poorly too and thought I was on a losing streak. Its your play, calm down and try try again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 06:05 AM

Just got off a 7hr session 3-7 tabling, man, this is tough, especially after sleeping total of 12 hours in 3 days...

i also was visibly tilting. which i haven't done for about 3 months. my reads were off, and i was playing off like a slot machine. thankfully, my auto-pilot was still working. So i was able to play my C+ game even though i was dead tired.

I was at one point losing 2500 or so, but eventually +200 and quit. the session high was +700 in the first hour, doh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anyhow, i believe to play super multi-tabling (4 and higher) effectively, one must do certain preparation like sleeping well, and drink plenty. etc. the hero must be in very good mental health before he get involved in any high octane poker. My experience this week demonstrate exactly what not to do...

very luckily i am still up like a 1000 for the week, but this can be wiped out after 2 quick suckouts.

hope u are off tilt soon and get back at those bastards!

Kenny
Old 03-27-2004, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is a 6 g skid at 10-20 a normal thing? when playing 4tables
or do i got leaks, this is in 1 week also

[/ QUOTE ]

it is also possible that you were out matched?

my friend Vitaly said that the reason i lost 2 days in a row might be because I was actually out matched..., while i dislike the thought of me out matched throughout 8 tables, i had to admit to him that it was quite possible that i did indeed play on tough tables that were beyond my abilities under the influence of tiredness or slight tilt.

Kenny
Old 03-27-2004, 06:25 AM

i usually play 3 tables of 6 max 10/20 and 15/30 - i was about $5,000 down after around 5,000 hands in the 10/20 school this month - after 8,200 hands i'm $500 up - go figure

if you have a 600BB bankroll losing money is like getting out of bed in the morning - irritating but neccesary

stripsqueez - chickenhawk