Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Did I play this right? where was mistake?

B&M limit hold em 75 players. I make it to final table where it is played no-limit with live prize money. Every one takes $100 off the table. The remaining $200 is live. Blinds start at 5/10 increasing every 12 min. After each hand, the player with the least chips may quit, taking his/her ramaining chips as prize money. The table is playing super tight. I mix it up and lose $60. Im low and can leave. I decide to play one more round. Blinds 10/20. Im dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] utg. I just call the $20, one other EP call, Folds around to SB who calls, BB checks. flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] sb checks bb checks I bet $100, other EP calls. SB folds BB folds. turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I put my last 40 in He calls, Turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]: River A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I lose and go home with my $100. Where did I go wrong? Mistake?
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Did I play this right? where was mistake?

I still prefer raising pre-flop. People are playing tight so you will only get called down by a hand that has something. I don't like like limping here, cuz BB and SB get a cheap shot at taking your whole stack. You might be doomed to lose this to AQ anyway, but it'd be a real disaster to lose it to 9-3, 6-3, 9-6 or some other junk that got to see a free flop.