Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Results

Hi Babe,

What you need to get out of hands like this isn't that you should fold when he 3-bets you, but that your game is way way too predictable that such a chain of thoughts is possible.

Thats a really good point Clarky makes. And leads me to think that maybe you're not raising out of your blinds enough (hence preditctable). Are you only re-raising LP raises with really premium hands? His reaction seems to indicate this.

This also has me thinking that at the very least, he's afraid of you. And that is a good thing.

But, if he's afraid of you and he's 3betting you, then I think you seriously need to think about letting go of this hand at some point.

-Scott
Old 03-19-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Easy Fold?

Hi Babe,

Don't you know that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

3 bet the flop and bet out on the turn.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Easy Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Babe,

Don't you know that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the Sucker is on the Case!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:13 PM

You are wrong. Tourist doesn't seem very afraid of Babe at all, IMO.

If Babe is really so predictable, then there's no way she should let go of this hand. I'll run over players who know that I put them on a monster in situations like this. Further, if I have something marginal, but good enough to showdown, I love slowing Babe down, since I have position and can often save bets on the turn and/or river, unless I have her beat.

Also, I think that 3 betting out of the blinds liberally isn't a good thing. I like to keep the pots smaller sometimes - people will struggle less to win smallish pots that big ones. Of course, not many folks find my play "predictable."
Old 03-19-2004, 03:31 PM

He pulled the biggest isolation play on you, babe, the four bet. In the beginning You know you're ahead, he knows your ahead, maybe you fear overcards. But you’re the baBe, you don’t fear overcards, you know overcards will come sometimes, you know that they will beat you sometimes, but you’re the baBe, you will know when the shifty eyed royalty has dared to slip in behind you, trying to tax your winnings. You have a shelter against them, your read, your knowledge, your animal draw that causes posters to climb over each other hoping to catch your eye with an iron pyrite nugget of information- so gleaned from the incomplete description you dispense to those who can not read into the jest of your title (forgive me my queen, for I am one of those weaklings straggling to your door in search of a blast of warmth, that though it burns our fingers, it burns in our memories longer).
And so you have been isolated by the four bet, the table is against you baBe, they mutter amongst themselves, "he has a set" they say with the calm satisfaction of having nothing to lose, they think you should fold, but they yearn for a call, check, call, check… call- so the tourist can turn over his, and they can revel in theirs- theirs baBe is knowing what he held, a smugness that bemuses them, and fulfills their dreams of a tourist beating a champion, not a Mary Antoinette born into a position embodying deserved disgust from the peasentry. No, you play the Joan D'Arc, wresting the green felt back from them chip by chip fighting many battles, though losing some you win the largest and you control the tempo and the field. But not today, his army one larger than yours all you can do is retreat and hold your reserves. Though reserves are willing to fight for you, to sacrifice themselves you know you ought to hold them back- yet you yield to their desire this once and allow them to wander into a hopeless fray.
So come back to us now, away from your isolated post, and rejoin your minions who will clamor for your approval once again, and you will gain strength and satisfaction from the visiting dignitaries who gently admonish you for casting your reserves aside in this battle. Your peers will stand beside you and soon you will return to battle stronger than ever.
Perhaps there is more here, perhaps you will also lift up some of your peasantry, those of us who pour over your words longing for the elation of understanding. Perhaps it could be I who will benefit from the pearls so carefully concealed beneath the cloak that shields your strength from those of us to weak to withstand it.
And so I dream…
Old 03-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Default I don\'t get it

I mean what's depressing or hilarious? From Babe's original post - we're missing information to suggest a course of action. Namely: What do you mean "a tourist who knows me" ? i.e. what does the tourist do with that knowledge of your play.

"Ok the rock just 3 bet me out of the blind and bet a flop consisting of medium cards. She almost assuredly has an overpair."

Does he think, "I've got a straight draw/flush draw/JJ/AK/ I might be able to get the rock to fold if I play back at her."

Or does he think, "I know she's got an overpair but my hand is (blank) so I'm raising the flop for value."

Without having played in Babe's games we don't know if other players take advantage/notice her rock-like tendencies. If the posters who have responded critically already know that info then please share it.

If we're making a suggestion to a player whose tendencies we may know (Babe) then without that info it's difficult to know if this is an easy decision or not. We need to make a suggestion based on Babe's known goals. If I may guess: it's to make money while managing her variance.

It's ok for Rocks to post here too. If it's an anonymous player posting about an anonymous opponent we should assume the goal is to maximize EV.

Regards,
Jamie
Old 03-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I don\'t get it

[ QUOTE ]
If we're making a suggestion to a player whose tendencies we may know (Babe) then without that info it's difficult to know if this is an easy decision or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "that info" is how does the opponent play against Babe knowing her playing style.