Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: When your bullets turn out to be blanks...,

Why would you consider folding on the flop? If I were in your game I would raise on the flop with any pair of tens. You would fold to that?

Call a raise on the flop and bet out on the turn. If you are raised on the turn then you can think about laying it down. If you were called on the flop and then raised on the turn it's a tough decision, but definitely not an automatic fold.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: When your bullets turn out to be blanks...,

[ QUOTE ]
My condolences. That is just about the worst flop you can get if it does not hit you. I don't know where I read or heard it, but when I see a flop like this I immediately think "Jacks and Tens in the flop are good for limpers". You can't really fold this as a 9, T or Q will put you on big slick and bet the turn after you check. Call me weak tight, but against reasonable opponents I would play it the same way. A very scary flop for your bullets. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If this flop hits someone, it will likely hit them hard. I think of the turn check as inducing a bluff. Some players will automatically bet a scary board in that situation, but will not call if you bet. If they are not bluffing, you lose the minumum. If they are, you pick up an extra BB.

The only other option is to bet the turn and fold to a raise - but on this board, that could easily be a semibluff with a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.., Thank you. Although, I think that everyone's comments were more than worthshile.