Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 06:26 PM

Default A couple of NCAA tourney games I like.../Shoe In!

There are a couple of first round games I really like...

Washington minus 1 versus UAB. Washington is peaking at the right time. Dont let their PAC 10 conference tourney final loss to Stanford scare you. I look for them to handle UAB fairly easily. Take Washington and give the point.

Syracuse minus 2 1/2 vs BYU. I think Syracuse is underated and BYU overated. I look for Syracuse to win fairly easily. Take Syracuse and give the 2 1/2.

Also, Colorado goes to Oregon in a first round NIT game. The Buffs are a lousy road team and I look for them to fold like a cheap suit in the confines of Oregon's home court. Dont know what the spread is, but whatever it is, take Oregon. Its Big Al's Shoe In of the Week!

Hope everyone has been doing well.....BIG AL!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: A couple of NCAA tourney games I like.../Shoe In!.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] gr8 calls big al..

i thought colo players voted not to play in nit after ncaa big dance :snub"

gl..

consider toledo + pts tonite..

gl [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Follow Up on Oregon/Colorado

It seems like when I post additional stuff on a game that I love, the pick goes belly up but I just gotta pass along some info. Colorado had originally said they would not go to the NIT if they get snubbed for the big dance. They got snubbed, so now they say they are going. Several Colorado players have basically said they are not excited about going to the NIT. Oregon, on the other hand, has stuff on their web site about the NIT ("destination NY" or some such stuff). Anyway, it sure seems like Oregon is into it and Colorado is not. Line has dipped to 4, 4 1/2. Sure seems like Oregon is a super strong play, IMO.--Big Al--
Old 03-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Oregon

I follow your line of thinking on every aspect. I beleive this may be the best bet of the postseason. I know Ill be all over Oregon.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:28 PM

Default Re: A couple of NCAA tourney games I like.../Shoe In!

That is great thinking there Al on Oregon. NIT always has games like this in the first round and they usually equal big money.

I am a bit biased on the Huskies too, my alma mater. The Stanford game meant much more to the Cardinal, besides what is not to like about a team that can stay with the #1 team on a neutral floor and be down by only 5 going into the last two minutes??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Syracuse looks nice as well, defending champs are good bets in the first round because they are prepared and know they need to make a big statement first game out to remind everyone they are still there.

My personal favorite is Nevada over Michigan State. I am still lauging thinking back to the ESPN show on Sunday. Digger and Dicky V said this exactly: "Spartans can't defend and can't rebound, but we like them to win anyways" They were so kissing Tom Izzo's ass. Now how do you win tournament games against a solid underrated team when you can't defend or rebound? You have to admit that was pretty funny...

Old 03-18-2004, 03:30 AM

Default <cough>

See. That's the great thing about the Shoe-In. You just bet it and don't have to sweat it.

ooooph.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Was scary at -4.5 but they win by 5, Yay Big Al! N/M

Old 03-18-2004, 03:31 AM

Simply incredible. The Buffs bluffed out Big Al, came out with a vengeance in the first half and it all looked bleak. Big Al makes a couple phone calls to the locker room and what do you know, the Buffs play like the team Big Al expected with 4 points in the first 12 minutes. Go to OT and Big Al makes another call to make sure the Ducks hit all their free throws and the Buffs miss last second shots. The world ought to know not to mess with Big Al. Down 15 at the half while laying points...not a worry in the world [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 03:38 AM

Yeah. That's a bad read that comes out smelling purty -- you loved it too!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:40 AM

Default An Easy Score...

hehehehe....I wish they were all this easy...never a doubt in my mind....WB got it right, I made some calls and had to straighten some things out, forgot about the time change so the messages got delayed...I do think somebody up there likes me...