Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 07:00 AM

Default Man, am I weak?

A great 20/40$ session last Saturday. The perfect mix, about four fishes, a couple of lose/passive player, my tight bro. Usually 4-5 people to the flop. The seldom situation occurs, that everyone folds to me and I find AA, so I raise. Both blinds call. SB is a lose player who is kind of tricky, and definitly bluffs too much. FLop comes down like this:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Don't like it too much, but however. SB bets right out. BB calls, and I raise.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Wonderfull, it's checked to me. Damn, what shall I do. I guess I should bet again, but I am acting like a sissy and check.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Nice, now there's a staight. SB bets out, BB folds and I think for a second, counting the chips in the pot. Now there's 280$ in the pot, and the chances he's bluffing is definitly more than once out of seven. So, I call. He shows TT and we share the pot.

I don't like my play here at all. First, I think I should bet the turn again, despite of the chance of getting check-raised. Additionally I think a bluff-raise on the river would also have been a nice play, as I know, SB is such a frequent bluffer.

What do you guys think about my play?

Old 03-15-2004, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Man, am I weak?

[ QUOTE ]
First, I think I should bet the turn again

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's usually the way to go here.

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally I think a bluff-raise on the river would also have been a nice play, as I know, SB is such a frequent bluffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU, that is terrible here, as nobody will ever fold here and it sounds like you will have to pay off a 3-bet from this guy to see his 9.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:12 PM

hi doc
you need to bet that turn doc.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 PM

You are calling to split so his probability of bluffing has to be 1:3.5 not 1:7.

-rory
Old 03-15-2004, 02:48 PM

I don't think betting the turn or bluff raising the river would have changed any thing.

I think I would have bet the turn.

I don't think I'd have tried the chopped-pot/bluff-raise on the river. That play has a nasty habit of backfiring on me, and making me look like an idiot.