Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Re: GO AWAY

1st off what does this have to do with me? This is an ad hominum argument and not germane to the topic at all. Also if you had a clue you would know that I do not have "issues" with "GrannyMae", just overall stupidity and<font color="white">-</font>fucking with people's heads for no reason. In fact this the first time I've ever said anything bad about "her" before.

2nd off I stand by my original statement, which the book you posted above doesn't refute. "She" caused a lot of people a lot of stress when "she" said "goodbye". And then "she" reappears out of nowhere like nothing happened, and expects people to just forget it? "She" couldn't take one minute in 6 months to log on in here from "the hospital" and tell the people that cared about "her" that "she"'s fine? What a crock of<font color="white">-</font>shit.<font color="white">-</font>Fuck<font color="white">-</font>off.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st off what does this have to do with me? This is an ad hominum argument and not germane to the topic at all. Also if you had a clue you would know that I do not have "issues" with "GrannyMae", just overall stupidity and<font color="white">-</font>fucking with people's heads for no reason. In fact this the first time I've ever said anything bad about "her" before.

2nd off I stand by my original statement, which the book you posted above doesn't refute. "She" caused a lot of people a lot of stress when "she" said "goodbye". And then "she" reappears out of nowhere like nothing happened, and expects people to just forget it? "She" couldn't take one minute in 6 months to log on in here from "the hospital" and tell the people that cared about "her" that "she"'s fine? What a crock of<font color="white">-</font>shit.<font color="white">-</font>Fuck<font color="white">-</font>off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are not feuding. Now I see that you just have major personality issues.

Why do you assume that Granny was lounging around a hospital ignoring a chat group? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Granny's priorities were elsewhere, and probably never turned on her computer from the time of that last post until recently.

Would that be a good enough excuse Mr. personality? Is it possible she had no clue that anyone was asking, or do you think she had a browser wired to her brain? People have lives outside here, and when they are dealing with major problems, they don't sometimes prioritize the way you seem to demand. You seemed it was clever to add "nm" to a post title that said GO AWAY. Then you felt compelled to make the second post. This is why I addressed you with my novel.

And regarding your language, do you frenchkiss your mother with that mouth? You don't know me sir, and if you expect respect, try and show some.

This one you can have at Granny. Just ignore the other idiot that started the thread.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:13 AM

Obviously either a) you didn't read my post or b) you are as dumb as a<font color="white">-</font>fucking brick.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:56 AM

Granny, sorry to hear you have not overcome the health issues yet - hopefully it will go away
With all due respect to you and your health situation, you have to understand (and probably ignore) some people's rather strange reaction to your reappearence.
People here stated clearly that you past away (God forbid).
There was a particular post from close friend of yours, which (if not deleted) was clearly stating that you were not among us anymore.

The irony is that this fact still exists in some people profiles(as respectful as it is)

"To attempt, in my own small way to continue the works of my friend Granny Mae, an internet legend and a source of inspiration to all those that knew her."

Past tense implies what nobody wanted to believe

I have not seen any post explaining why any of those "insiders" decided to spread the bad news, maybe they just were assuming...Good thing they were wrong...

Good to have you back!

Old 03-15-2004, 09:11 AM

Default for Vehn......

Quote:…… “I think this is all a crock of-[censored]. You put a lot of people (not me, obviously) through a lot of emotional pain/stress with your "death". You owe those people a big apology. Like it or not you have (had) a big following here and those people deserve to learn the truth.”

Vehn, is this the post that you re referring to?

It seems to me that you were “right to the point” in terms of how you felt about this issue. I want to make sure that I understand your meaning clearly. I take this post to mean that you think that Granny should have handled this in a different way?

OK, let’s roll with that for a while. Let me be clear to all who read this that the following may not be ALL of the pertinent facts, but it’s close enough to reality to be taken to the bank. Like all here, I did not know all of the facts until most recently, so I am not writing from the position of an “insider” who knew more than the rest of us either.

Let’s say that you had just been given the following news under these circumstances: You’ve been unable to work for quite a while and have been housebound with a failing heart condition. You are given the bad news that your condition is deteriorating, and the future is grim. In plain language, you’re day-to-day on the life-o-meter. I’d like to know exactly how YOU would have handled this situation? Are you insinuating that you would have posted the specifics of your personal situation here for all to see? IF you are, I don’t think that you’ve thought it through thoroughly, as there are ramifications to that action that one might not be in the position to follow through on. Let’s put it in game theory terms……when it’s time for you to act, what level are you going to do it on? Are you playing just your hand, or are you considering what your opponent is holding? Are you thinking about what THEY think your holding and what your action means? How much further is it necessary to go to make this comparison? Am I correct in assuming that you play poker at an advanced level? If so, why do you not apply the same methodology to understanding real life situations?

Your 2nd Quote: ……”1st off what does this have to do with me? This is an ad hominum argument and not germane to the topic at all. Also if you had a clue you would know that I do not have "issues" with "GrannyMae", just overall stupidity and-[censored] with people's heads for no reason. In fact this the first time I've ever said anything bad about "her" before.

2nd off I stand by my original statement, which the book you posted above doesn't refute. "She" caused a lot of people a lot of stress when "she" said "goodbye". And then "she" reappears out of nowhere like nothing happened, and expects people to just forget it? "She" couldn't take one minute in 6 months to log on in here from "the hospital" and tell the people that cared about "her" that "she"'s fine? What a crock of-[censored].-[censored]-off.”

LOL! I could respond to the above with a number of pages, but then I would be open to your accusations of also writing a “book”…heaven forbid. Let me keep it short and sweet. IMO, your words in the above quote speak volumes on their own and reflect your total misunderstanding of the situation, along with a healthy dose of conflicting personal priorities.

Your 3rd Quote:….. “Obviously either a) you didn't read my post or b) you are as dumb as a-[censored] brick.”

I’ve read and re-read all your posts in this string, so a) is out. As far as b) goes, I’d posit the theory that the brick in this case, is sitting in the chair in front of you screen spewing this stuff out without engaging brain.

Now, I’ve tried to keep it civil in my response to your posts, but I’ll be the first to admit that a good flame war is not below my dignity. Hell, I haven’t had a chance to lob some hand grenades since “Iddy-Biddy-Eddy” last spewed his feces around this forum.

If you want to go to the mattresses and keep up this flame war, bring it on.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:37 AM

Default True statement:

I find myself visiting RPG every so often these days.

NO WAY was this true 3 months ago.

Hm.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:04 AM

To attempt, in my own small way to continue the works of my friend Granny Mae, an internet legend and a source of inspiration to all those that knew her

Just to point out that this has now been updated, and as I have previous with Nikita I'll mention that it is not intended to be changed to do Nikita any damage.

Lori
Old 03-15-2004, 11:37 AM

LOONEY TUNES ABOUND!

[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine that she won't be posting x-rays, medical files, or personal information on an internet chat group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently she/he thought enough of people on here to tell them something was wrong in a non-direct manner. It would not be personal at all to disclose that you have a heart condition. Might as well tell people, if you got them all worked up in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, Granny is a very subdued and quiet person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that in one word is, "Bullcrap". So she/he is subdued in the real world, but comes here and curses people out and degrades them? Sounds like a real subdued, and nice person to me. In other words someone's actions on a computer is not reflective at all on the rest of their character? I have known many so called older people and none of them acted in such an ill-mannered fashion as Granny. Reading past posts I cannot see how any single individual could like this person.

I am a firm believer in the saying, "You reap what you sew" Ailing issues or not, granny would not be the type of person I would pray for each night.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: I\'m new here but this forum is for POKER, not personal attacks

Bumping my question to Zee.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 PM

Ailing issues or not, granny would not be the type of person I would pray for each night.

That seems an all-around time saver, as you are probably not the sort of person that God would listen to every night.

Lori