Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: I\'m new here but this forum is for POKER, not personal attacks

Dude said:

Everyone just stop. I mean it is ridiculous you are all adults so just act like it. If I'm not correct this forum is supposed to be fun and insightful for people who enjoy gambling, poker specifically. So let's all just stop this petty stuff and get back to what this site is here for.

You said:

Way to subtly slip in the fact that this post is really a flame. Who do you think you are, Mr. Bigshot, telling us what to post? You know who else told people what the could and couldn't say? HITLER! Why do so many racists like you find the need to post in our good wholesome forums?

I say:

What the hell are you talking about?

-- Homer
Old 03-15-2004, 01:09 AM

Nice Mike Tyson reference. You can never get to many of those, that guy's a goldmine.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:30 AM

Default I\'m confused?

You wrote: "please do not send me any PM's.

this is a polite request, and one that i hope you honor."

But earlier you wrote: "HEY LORI !!! please tell ryan*21 i am no longer responding to his posts, and that he should PM me if he has anything to say."

So, Im a little confussed now???

Ryan_21
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Granny vs. Ryan_21

Simon, I understand what you are saying, but how can I quit when I didnt start it? Granny attacked me, and she was the one who made it public, not me. So Im sorry if I violated your trust. You are probably the only person on here who is polite to me and I dont want to ruin that, but I am flat out not wrong here.

Ryan_21
Old 03-15-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: GO AWAY

"and my behaivor with ryan is based only on predisposition regarding intolerance,"

So, my intolerance (whatever that is), makes it ok for you to be "intolerant of me?"

How is it wrong for me to be intolerant, but ok for you to be intolerant?

2 wrongs dont make a right.

Ryan_21
Old 03-15-2004, 01:38 AM

Default Finally, darkness comes to light. NM

NM
Old 03-15-2004, 01:42 AM

"almost every poster worth liking, loves Granny, and hates you."

So, if every poster worth liking, jumped off a bridge..... you know what Im getting at.

Why dont you people develope some brains of your own and stop falling in line with all the other sheep?

Ryan_21
Old 03-15-2004, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Granny vs. Ryan_21

This is what im talking about, you people are so brainwashed and infatuated, that your whole thought process is messed up, you fall in line like a bunch of sheep. Yes, it was Granny, sorry to burst your bubble. She/He even admitted it.

Ryan_21
Old 03-15-2004, 01:46 AM

As Oski pointed out by reposting Granny’s post of 9/6/03, it’s very easy to interpret such a post in a myriad of ways. Each of us will read into it an understanding of it’s meaning based upon many things…….how we interpret the actual words…….our feelings towards the poster, in this case Granny…..the “meaning of life”…etc. It really depends on how it strikes you.

I would like to throw “how it struck me” into the mix………..

A very strange thing happens to you when you feel that you’re time is up. I’m not talking about fearing death….I’m talking about where the mind goes when one is beyond the fear, and has come to grips with the reality. For those of you who have been there, I know that you know EXACTLY what I’m speaking of.

For those of you who have not……my words will fall woefully short of conveying the essence of how one feels.

It’s eerie…....you‘re calm, you’re resigned, you understand, you get the big picture……you’re ready.

My interpretation of that post by Granny last September awoke that feeling in me.

I think that what caused more grief for many ZOO members surrounding this issue is that there was no closure surrounding Granny’s fate. Without closure, it’s very easy for the imagination to take over and that generally means that both the best and the worst behavior surfaces.

IMO…….

Granny bears NO accountability for how anyone interpreted or misinterpreted that post. It was purely an expression of how she felt at that time in space and we should all be free to express those things as we do.

Granny is NOT responsible for any/all the speculation written by other ZOO members regarding her situation. There were many posts with many divergent opinions written by many posters. Don’t make the error of ascribing to Granny something that someone else said about this situation.

Each of US is accountable and responsible for how we interpret what goes on around us. It’s easy to understand how one could feel somewhat mislead or deceived by all that was said, BUT, please take 3 big steps back, grab some perspective, and review what really happened and who said what and when it was said.

The above is NOT offered in defense Granny. She doesn’t need me to do that….she can more than take care of herself.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is all a crock of<font color="white">-</font>sh<font color="black"></font>it. You put a lot of people (not me, obviously) through a lot of emotional pain/stress with your "death". You owe those people a big apology. Like it or not you have (had) a big following here and those people deserve to learn the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a friend of Granny's outside the forum. While I have not seen her in years, we played alot together in Ms., and kept fairly regular phone contact until last year. When I made an inquiry as to what was happening, I got an answer. It was personal in nature, and nothing that I would explain here on a public forum either. I guess I am saying that if you are a friend, and asked, then you would get a more specific answer in person. I'd imagine that she won't be posting x-rays, medical files, or personal information on an internet chat group. What is it that you are asking for when you request the truth? She was sick and did not expect to get better. That has been posted repeatedly. I think expecting anything further from her is wasted time. Believe it or not, Granny is a very subdued and quiet person. Maybe that explains the seeming opposite nature of the person and the poster. She has close friends, but chooses them carefully. It takes a bit to get her trust, but when you do she is very open and friendly. I don't know all of her friends here, but the ones I recognize don't seem to be asking for more info. Thinking that she owes any further explanation is ridiculous. She is nothing like this vulgar carachter in real life, so if she has chosen to play this role of a grumpy and nasty old lady, then why would you think she will inject persoanl aspects of her health that is really nobody's business anyway? If you can't make the distinction between the carachter and the individual, then you must be under the impression that all those players with female pictures at Pokerstars must be babes. I'm guessing you know what I am saying, but as I said it appears you two must be feuding and I don't know who you are, so don't know why.

I have no reason to believe that she would not answer any friends questions honestly. I know you indicated you could care less, but as one who does care, all I had to do was ask.

I have no idea what your problem with her is, but it seems very deep seeded. I guess you two have your issues, but I just wanted to say that I had been given more information than is posted here. It took time to make the contact, but once I did, nobody was evasive. They were actually very forthcomming.

Granny, I'm glad to see you posting my friend. I want to state that you don't owe any public explanation. This poster obviously has issues with you, and I hope you choose to let this thread go. I had to stalk GoM at Paradise because I thought it was you and he would not chat back. Finding out later who it was actually made me angry because I know him and did not expect to be ignored. I was even told by other players to go away from the table. You know I did not like the GoM game, but your explanation regarding GoM finally cleared some things up tonight that I was still bothered about. Please tell GoM I now get it, and understand.

Having Granny back is fun, and anyway I really like referring to you as her . [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, rest assured please that I have not given personal information to people that have asked in Ms. beyond what you posted yourself. Thanks for answering my questions finally. I now understand the delay. It did not matter anyway, because all I needed to know was that you were ok for now. I hope you let this die, as this thread is full of nastiness even on the GrannyMae scale. I've just ended this battle for you, move on to more Mason stories. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Our best as always,

Dp and DaGang