Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker=Absolute Insanity...HELP!

Playing against full tables for several bets sure does increase your variance but if your bankroll cannot take the variance of raising AA, KK etc you should be playing at a lower limit.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:51 PM

haha welcome to the club buddy, might I ask what level you're playing, The fish at 5/10 and 10/20 are little easier to smack down that the ones at 3/6 and lower. And read my earlier posts about the strange hand happenings there. As for me, I feel like the king of any table i sit down at at AP, and I'm up 2.5 K over the last 12 days before i decided to take a break. The strange hands take a little getting used to, but a slight adjustment in play has caused those quads and straight flushes to be profitable instead of heartbreaking for me. Damn 2+2ers going after the chum in my fish tank, go away! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:54 PM

And bonus whoring at absolute is hard, because it includes a 30 day hold before cashout, if you can't keep a level head through downswings, that $100 is going to cost you your whole buyin.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn 2+2ers going after the chum in my fish tank, go away!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling you may be one of "them" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 07:43 PM

You guys have never played these games six or more players against KK or QQ and they all chase to the river you are a marginal favourite, long term you will win but marginally. It's like a horse raise if you are 3/2 favourite its not a lock. with QQ I never bother to raise it in these situations. Also most bad players respect post flop raises alot more than pre-flop......
Old 03-11-2004, 08:27 PM

Marginal favorite? You are downright underdog to winning. But people calling gives you the overlay to winning.

Suppose KK wins against 8 random hands going to the river around 20% of the time (it's significantly higher, but let's be conservative), for every bet you put in you get 8 callers, or in other words: you're getting 8:1 on a 4:1 bet.

If you routinely refuse 4:1 bets that pay 8:1, you shouldn't be playing poker. Or any other form of gambling.

Not raising AA, KK, QQ PF in loose games is so horribly wrong, it's a pain to read this statement on a 2+2 board.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:37 PM

Fluff buddy I mastered no foldem poker I played at Pacific Poker playing 2/4 there and cracked out 5k playing against these very same morons, I stand by my statement, what I meant by favorite is favorite in the sense that you against eight crackheads you have largest percentage of winning pre flop, and like I said if you are a chaser its easier to call 4 cold then 2 then being forced to call 6 or eight cold on the flop thinking someone may have triples. Maybe I need to clarify myself if its loose pre-flop and tight post I raise and follow through if its loose to the point of insanity its all feel for me. Ask lunchmeat about me, I played with him and ask him if I know how to play.......
Old 03-11-2004, 08:40 PM

Dude you are so wrong its hard to respond. Win MARGINALLY ?? Look at the numbers, marginal doesn't come close. You are costing yourself money.

And yes I have played these games and LOVE doing so.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:47 PM

I also know all about these fish games. I think a very important point here that no one is mentioning is that if you raise (or even re-raise preflop when given the opportunity), a lot less people are going to call you (even really bad players do not generally cold call 2 or 3 raises preflop - at least not 8 per hand). Therefore you are going to suffer less bad beats. Not raising preflop with qq is wrong on so many levels that it also pains me to see it here.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:52 PM

Well paired boards and spiking a set are your best friends in this game, maybe I not clarifying myself but I just don't play these hands like a robot on these type of tables especially QQ or JJ(which is really mariginally)..