Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: The EV of different playing styles - Part Two

[ QUOTE ]
There's another flaw too. The results of this study show that at most levels, the most profitable players are tight-aggressive, and the least profitable players are loose-passive. In addition, it is fairly well-known that tight-aggressive is the best strategy, so I assume people that the "best players" would rarely buck that trend.

But this is different than the implication that if you switch your game to tight-aggressive, your game will improve. To this, the study really can't help. It also doesn't tell you if it was the "tight-aggresiveness" that leads to the profit as much as it is just the style that the most skillful players use.

For example, a similar study at a live pokerroom might show that players wearing UltimateBet caps have a higher than average EV. But that doesn't mean that you will improve just by putting on a UB cap. Or that the link between UB caps and profit isn't just a correlation based on UB giveing caps to top players.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, this is exactly what i was trying to say, except my words didn't come as representative as Toonces'.

Kenny
Old 03-10-2004, 04:17 PM

However Repetative and unecessary my comments are I would like to say that I am impressed, Nice work Rharless.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:23 PM

You should PM GOT and see if he will give you his DATA on 15/30, I would be curious to see what the higher limit stats would look like in comparison. He is about as solid a full ring game player as any here so I think it would be helpful.