Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Am I playing this wrong?

thanks for all the feedback and i just want to make a couple points.
1. to those who are saying that k7 is a trash hand: i agree whole-heartedly. i never play kx in any type of game, but this was a small game with two very soft players and i thought i could steal the blinds (i was on the button) with this hand or at least outplay them after the flop.
2. you guys are right; i posted the board incorrectly on the first hand. im sorry, it should have been k 5 5 9 j, giving q 10 an inside straight draw on the turn and a straight on the river.
3. ML4L, your comment that i am just whining is probably accurate. I posted this the night of this horrible break, and was still steaming about his statistical miracles. I know that i played this pretty well, as far as betting him off his draw is concerned, and that, according to probability, i wanted him to call. So i am pretty much being a big baby, and i thank you for still giving me advice.
4. your suggestion about betting bigger on the flop of the second hand (about a pot sized bet) is probably a good point. I just felt that two pair was a dominating hand at this point, given the loseness of our game, and that, rather than totally slowplaying and checking, i could make a minor slowplay and just bet a relatively small amount that i suspected he would call.
Thanks for all the responses though.