Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Two hands from a World Champ - What was he thinking?

No offense, and I'm not being nitpicky here, but you still did not answer my question. Your saying that Carlos' call gave him credibility. Why exactly did he need credibility when he put Noli on absolutely nothing? My question is:

What hand, that Noli might have, do you need to wait for the turn to raise or bet for him to lay down? Furthermore, what other benefit, in terms of extra chips gained, would waiting for the turn produce?

With the A 10, his intention was clearly to call when he checked. If this was not his intention, what was? He check called for all of AJ's chips, so it seems no matter what AJ bet, he was going to call. He didn't raise and he didn't fold, so his intention had to be to call. What amount of chips bet do you think would have caused him to raise or fold? It clearly wasn't more than what AJ bet on the flop, because he checked called that amount on the turn. Are you saying that if AJ bet less, Carlos might have raised or folded? This makes no sense to me.

Sorry to keep on with this thread, but I just don't understand how you think he didn't make huge mistakes on both of these hands.
Peace

Goodie