Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 12:52 AM

Default What I think I learned at party poker tonight.......

Well, okay I din't learn it at Party, a lot of it finally soaked in. I have only been playing HE fro maybe 2 months, since I started I have read everything I can get my hands on, this site, books, etc. And it has helped a lot. And I do mean a LOT!
But, sometimes I think I read things and dodnt absorb them. And I think today I finally started to really think about my game.
Suckouts didnt make me mad, I knew I was better and knew I had the odds and that money plus some would soon be back in my BR with patience(this hit me like a ton of bricks after loosing with a flopped set of K's to flopped set of A's)
I also saw that I played too loose, the game got down to 6 handed and i started doing well without changing my tactics, meaning (I think) that i was playing to loose.
With this in mind and adjusting my full game play accordingly, I spent the night making a decent addition to my bankroll, sure I lost with AK here and there but when I won with them I made the oppostiion pay. It became a lot easier to think about money in the pot as the pots money, not my money. Which in turn let me quit worrying about it and start thinking on the game.
In short I have a lot of learning to do still, but I just wanted to say thanks to the forum I feel like my game has improved greatly since joining up. And to encourage new people to stick in there a lot of this sight was mumbo jumbo I didnt understand (and some still is) but with a little work it has been more than worth it

Sincerly
Shaun
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: What I think I learned at party poker tonight.......

congrats! i do find it easier to think of the money as points while playing. especially when i first move up limits.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 AM

Default Re: What I think I learned at party poker tonight.......

Congrats keep it up. I think you are already where I was at maybe 4 - 6 months in. The more I figure out the more I realized how much I still haven't figured out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]