Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 03-04-2004, 02:33 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

Default Sent a lot of emails out about getting a \'NO MAX\' buy in

Still trying to get this happen for the twoplustwo game and hopefully as a new game in online poker, simply because it would make us a lot more money to play the fish in these games.

[ QUOTE ]
The cheecky no non-sense email:

Old 03-04-2004, 02:54 PM
TylerD TylerD is offline
Senior Member

Location: UK

I'm fairly confident in saying that no max buy-in NL games will NEVER be part of online poker (apart from perhaps private games).

Two reasons:

1) The potential for chip dumping/collusion/money laundering is just too great.

and more importantly

2) The house will lose out. The fish will go broke quicker and consequently the rate of rake will be lower.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:55 PM
AeonBlues AeonBlues is offline
Senior Member

Location: Olympia, WA

Oh jeeezzzz Jay, as allways you are so tweaking on crank!! Pay a bigger rake, so I can play against tougher compitition.

PFHFOPFHFPHFPHF

AeonBlues
Old 03-04-2004, 03:15 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

The idea of the larger rake wasn't for the twoplustwo game. It was there if we wanted if this came through (doubtful) but i'd only pay the bigger rake myself for this game when the competition is the usual standard.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Ulysses Ulysses is offline
Senior Member

Default I\'m staggered - Lee Jones, please explain.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that some players would prefer a "no-max-buyin" table. But we
have such tables - they're called "play money" tables :-).
..
And at those
tables, people with *huge* stacks simply jam on every hand. It's kind of a
bizarre form of poker, but some people like it. Sure, they run into KK
once in awhile, but occasionally T7s beats KK. And if it doesn't, then
they just come back on the next hand and do it again.
..
Pretty soon things at the table degenerate into giant nuclear
confrontations and poker stops.
..
Anyway, I don't think we want to host something like that.
..
I do, however, truly appreciate your taking the time to send us your
suggestion.
..
Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe Lee Jones actually wrote this. Seriously. I'm stunned.

How on earth can he compare the play at a play money no limit table to what play would be like at a no max buy-in cash table.

This must be a joke on either your part or his. I really can't believe this. I'm babbling here because I'm just floored by this response from Lee Jones, a guy who I have a lot of respect for.

If this is really from him, he either doesn't want to tell you the real reasons or else has a complete, utter, fundamental lack of understanding of the game of no-limit poker. Which, given his role as poker expert at a major online poker room would be just horrible. Hopefully he was just being jokingly sarcastic, though.

I'll stop now. This response has really thrown me for a loop.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Vehn Vehn is offline
Senior Member

Location: Minneapolis, MN
Default Re: I\'m staggered - Lee Jones, please explain.

Yup I'm stunned that the well known poker expert Lee Jones would write something so banal.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:24 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

I was going to reply with 'Yeah, i'm sure people will value $1000 the same as T1000, or maybe the site is just trying to breed gambling addicts?' but i doubt that will get anywhere.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:11 PM
EVIL EVIL is offline
Senior Member

Simply send a reply email stating that there is a huge unfulfilled demand for such "giant nuclear confrontations" with real money.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:22 PM
TheGrifter TheGrifter is offline
Senior Member

I just realized that this reply was from lee friggin jones. What the hell? I figured it was some poker ignorant service rep. Obviously Lee Jones realizes that no max buy in games have been played forever in live games, and this could translate to online.

I also don't buy the concept of this hurting the poker rooms in terms of busting out fish, how long do you think fish last at the 30/60 games? Make the game 5-10 blinds with no max buy in, that should discourage people from sitting with 200 bucks.

Maybe instead of suggesting no max it would be easier to get someone to talk about a 300-500BB buy in. It isn't ideal, but it would be a start.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM
theBruiser500 theBruiser500 is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe instead of suggesting no max it would be easier to get someone to talk about a 300-500BB buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good idea Grifter. I'm going to write some places right now asking for this. Everyone that is reading this thread should

START WRITING EMAILS NOW!!!!