Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Catfish Bend

Anybody ever play at Catfish Bend in Burlington Iowa? Just found out they are running $20 buy-in tournaments and was wondering what the competition was like.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Catfish Bend

I've been there 3 times but never for a tourney. The were running some tourneys a few years ago though.

A very odd place. Small little boat. Now spends 6 months in Burlington and 6 months in Ft. Madison. Used to cruise and went to Keokuk too. Served the ENTIRE tri city area - ha.

"Cardroom" is 2 or 3 tables - used to be next to the Roulette wheel. First time I went there it was about 5pm on an October day. Brush said no games during daylight. Had to wait till farmers were out of the fields. Second time I was there, they had one table going of 7 hilo spread limit 2-10. They were trying to get a second table going and I asked about holdem. They said; "No - we play 7 hilo here". Third time I was there there were no tables in play. I asked and they said that we had a good game last night, buy there are no games on Wednesday.

Now, the Catfish Bend CHIPS are great if you can find a clean one thats not too worn down. A great big picture of a Catfish on them.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Catfish Bend

Thanks Abe. I figured it would have to be a fairly small "room". They have a Saturday morning Holdem tournament, $20 buy-in, limited to 24 players. Plus advertised a cash game on the side. So they must be up to 4 tables now! Think I'll give it a go next weekend. I'll let you know!