Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth\'s bluff, knocking other guy off of his trips?

tony D i s a very highly respected pro and i totaly understand what he was thinking (he did not hae jj by the way it was jq) phill trys to win a lot of small pots with aggression but really uyou usually need a big hand to play a big pot with him. he knows tony d knows this which makes it i think a great play. i dont like tonys flop call that much since he hit his best card and then folded but perhaps he sas planning on making a similar play regardless of what came off. ive heard a lot of people critisize his play and i just disagree. obviously it was the wrong play at the time but i dont think it was a bad play. personally i dont want to play a big pot with phil helmuth (say what you will about him but hes a great tournament player) for all my money when there are a lot of hands that have me beat. personally i think Tony D read him for KJ
just my thoughts
matty
Old 02-28-2004, 02:40 PM

I agree...this is the World Series of Poker we're talking about. He can beat so many hands but think about all the hands he cannot beat. I'd have no problem mucking that hand in the Big One, especially against Hellmuth.
-Andy
Old 03-01-2004, 02:40 PM

It was Tony D, and he had J 10. Tony, of course, put Hellmuth on a stronger J, or on KK or 44 (The board was K4JJ). Either way, it was a great bluff, and a huge laydown.