Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Success on my worst day ever

Very nice post, and congratulations on reaching the "next level". Many things have "clicked" for me all the sudden the way this clicked for you, and I can think of two "clicks" in particular that were very important for me.

The first was when I was still playing .50/1 and 1/2. I think I was asking about open limping with TT in EP since so many people always called my raise, and my TT never held up without making a set. I realized I was phrasing my question completely differently than I would have a month before. All the sudden it was "Is this correct?" rather than "Is this ok?". I had come to realize that in poker, there is always exactly one CORRECT play (assuming your goal is to make money). The key to poker is using the limited information you have to come up with the correct play as often as possible.

The second click I had, I was kind of ashamed of not realizing earlier. I was making the switch (unsuccessfully) from full table play to short handed play, and I was playing way too many hands. I was just thinking about how to adjust my play and this really hit me all of the sudden: I simply had to play like I would at a full table when the first 4 people fold. Instantaneously after realizing that, I went from a loser at the 1/2 6 max tables to a winner.

-May the clicks keep coming
-Justin Bonomo
Old 02-28-2004, 05:32 PM

Thanks for the info Jason. I checked out your blog. I like it. I also signed up at that site you mentioned and created my own page. That was much easier than I thought, and free too! Do you think it's better to get the upgrade for a minimal fee? For now though, I'll just play around with the free one.

Thanks again, and keep writing!
Old 02-28-2004, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today, I'm strangely indifferent

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are closer to the next level as well. Indifference from a loss like this is a sign of maturity, OR a sign that you are a multi-millionaire. I have followed your postings, and i will guess the maturity end.

I remember the first time I sat at a $30-$60 LHE live game, I could not even breathe. After my bankroll grew a bit, and my skills grew a lot, I could not even identify with that first day I graduated to mid-limits when i was so scared.

After this progressive maturing, I was not a bit intimidated. My decisions were based on proper poker, not defensive poker. You are growing, and this is a classic sign of it. I have found that if I am on vacation and decide to play higher than normal, I am still not intimidated. This proves that it was never the money, just lack of confidence in my game.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it's better to get the upgrade for a minimal fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just use the free one, depending on what you want to do with it (pictures, etc) upgrading is probably cheaper than buying your own website.

J
Old 02-29-2004, 12:28 AM

Heck - I now have 1250 BBs in my bank (started with 25BBs) and STILL hate losing 10 in one day! HELP!! I'm pathitic!