Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: i\'m not making this up....best granny yet.

Well after reading a couple old posts i know understand this. That doesn't mean it doesn't boggle my mind. I need to save all the money I can. And in my opinion playing queen 5 of spades everytime will loose you money in the long run.
I don't really need people disputing this and explaining how it makes a very little difference just figured i would offer my 2 cents. Also if I play 3 different hands badly everyday it makes a very little defference daily, but that adds up over time to a significant difference.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:09 PM

yeah....i kind of laughed at the 5 also....your first instinct is to think 'wow....filled the boat' then you remember 'oh yeah, i already had quads'.

i was so stunned i forgot to say 'grannied' to the table....there was one guy who i thought might have been a 2+2'er but there was no comment so i guess not.

puffin....do not doubt the power of the granny-mae....it is not just +ev for the specific hand but for all future hands to follow. that win sparked a nice little win streak that evening.

with betting capped pre-flop like that one wonders what everyone else was holding...probably extremely inferior hands like AA, KK, 72, etc etc.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM

The funny thing is I do not agree with playing q5 spades but i know the next time I am dealt it I am gonna see the flop at least. I almost wish i never found out what granny mae was. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM

If you want to bash Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] go to the SS forum. Around here it will just fall on deaf ears.

Of course you could just think of it as Lori has explained on occasion. You get a Granny Mae 1/6th as often as AA. If you choose to "bluff" with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] your EV loss is minimal at worst in the grand scheme of things, and if a non-believer happens to see you going nuts with a "trash" hand maybe it will inspire him to give you more action the next time you have your AA or KK.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:14 PM

In Quads Full hand like this, both hole cards play.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it still count as a true "Granny Mae" if both of your hole cards don't play??

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2004, 05:36 PM

BUMP
Old 02-27-2004, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if I play 3 different hands badly everyday it makes a very little defference daily, but that adds up over time to a significant difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does add up. You should not attempt this trick until you have a more solid game. The hand is just a bluff, and bluffs should be played as if they were AA. However, your bluffs should be worked on after the fundamentals have been grasped.

Beginners need to bluff, but choose your spots based on the situation, not the cards. I think the real granny would agree. And no, I am not the real granny, but apparently was a suspect. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 06:14 PM

And no, I am not the real granny, but apparently was a suspect.

LOL (Yes Homer, I'm laughing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) when I saw you had replied in this thread, I was about to PM and ask......

(Uh-oh, I've caught Leftyitis [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Lori
Old 02-27-2004, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is I do not agree with playing q5 spades but i know the next time I am dealt it I am gonna see the flop at least. I almost wish i never found out what granny mae was. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ye of little faith. You must play this hand strongly, Grasshopper, lest ye toss thy money into thy abyss of fish food..,