Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Is this play somewhat standard?

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Teddy_CIA has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is MP1

EP1 raises, Teddy_CIA calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds

Flop(6 SB): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP1 bets, Teddy_CIA folds

Really my only question is whether the pf call was ok. If this is KQo I drop it, but with KQ suited should the decision been either raise/fold, or does anyone think the cold call was ok? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Is this play somewhat standard?

i think the call is not unreasonable, i would like to have some players inbetween the raiser and myself so that i could see if i gonna have a multiway pot which i want...also you are in the worst position, the better is betting through you into the fiels so there is possibility that you will end up HU or facing more bets...it depends on your table, in a loose/passive table this call is ok, but at a tight table i might lay it down
Old 02-24-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Is this play somewhat standard?

Against most players I would not expect to have the better hand and I might easily be dominated or worse. That means the argument for playing the hand is that it has draw potential. So you want as many callers as possible and as little upfront investment as possible.

Don't raise.

Probably don't play either. Before I would enter the pot, I think I want to either have my customers lined up in advance (coldcallers in front of me) or some concrete reason why I don't think I'm likely to be facing AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ.