Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Final Table AJ, 6 handed

I'm playing at final table at Bay 101. The tournament was the end of a freeroll for participating in 3 months of tournies. The payout for the last 6 (it had paid 18 places) was as follows: 1st: Entries to 5200, 1560, 1050, 1050 and two 550 events plus 400 cash. 2-3: 5200 event. 4th 1050 event plus 600 cash, 5th 1050 plus 500, 6th 1050 plus 400. All entries are to the Shooting Star tournament 2/27 to 3/3. Blinds are going up every 15 minutes.
I've got 14 chips(5,000 each) in seat 5, lefty has 4chips in seat 6. Seat 1 has 12 chips, 2 has 26, 3 has 20, and 4 has 19. Blinds are one and two chips. Seats 3 and 4 fold and I look at A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. What to do? Survival skill vs accumulation. Table has been tight and very few flops as we went from 10 handed to 6.
This is my 1st post, thanks in advance for thoughts.
Results to follow.
JH
Old 02-23-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Final Table AJ, 6 handed

Pretty sweet freeroll. Looks like the really good money are the top 3, and is really anyone's game. From what I interpret, the bb is the chip leader. It's tough to 3x raise since you might as well go all in at that point. However, 6-handed A-J is a pretty strong hand...and being the first to act and the tightness of the table, I'd either go all-in or raise 2.5x to 5, leaning towards the latter since you would have position on the seats that matter. If the bb comes over the top of you, still have the option of bailing out. However, unsure if you would drive him out. Ultimately, all-in/raise decision would come down to what read you have for the bb, and what you believe your own image is at the table (not to mention the quickly rising blinds and only having 7x bb).
Old 02-23-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Final Table AJ, 6 handed: RESULTS

Yeah I went all in and small blind tanked and eventually called with AQ off. Nothing good happened and I went out shortly on A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] before the blind hit me. (I got run down by 7-5 off, and Q-9 off collectively) Oh well.
JH