Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2004, 11:58 PM

Default Party Pattern Map

I'm not one to go around created poker folklore by saying there is any kind of a pattern map, but tonight something was a bit 'odd' with one of the players.

I played for a 4 hours straight at a 6 handed table.

There was another player, whose name i shall withold at the moment pending my email to partypoker.

But here is what happened with that other player.

In the entire time i was there, he always...ALWAYS checkraised me on flop or turn when i was weak or on a position steal.

He would always ALWAYS fold when i had a made strong hand on flop or turn.

He sometimes checkraised me on flop or turn, when i did make a reasonable strength bet, only then to catch EXACTLY the draw he needed on the river, even if he was holding nothing up to that point.

And the most peculiar thing.......he did not lose a single showdown all night, save for free turn and river cards in multiway pot.

So he NEVER, EVER, in a 6 handed table, in 4 hours, went to a showdown and lost. He would either win it, even on seemingly long odds, or get out on flop.

I am not complaining, i actually won that session pretty big myself, but i don't know how someone could play it so perfectly.

I know its like he had a read on me everytime. He played me PERFECT for 4 straight hours whenever we were in pot.

I will analyze his hands from pokertracker further tommorow, and if i still think something smells wrong, shall i inquire to party to investigate too?

Or am i being paranoid?

He made about $2000 in that time.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Party Pattern Map

Are you sure you have not installed any trojans lately which broadcast your hole cards? Winholdem or something
Even if you ever had a "trial" version from any of those bots..I know sounds paranoid, but a possibility
Otherwise he may be just the perfect player [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2004, 02:47 AM

I think perhaps you should re-visit the topic of "game selection."
Old 02-23-2004, 04:14 AM

Well, I had a guy beat my pocket Aces holding 8 5 on a capped pre-flop, raised flop, and capped turn. He went runner runner straight. I said 8 5 off??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? and he left the table immediatley. I know I know, bad beats happen but I dont think ANYONE is that stupid. The flop came J 10 6 turn 9 river 7. What was he thinking? He HAD to know what was coming!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2004, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I had a guy beat my pocket Aces holding 8 5 on a capped pre-flop, raised flop, and capped turn. He went runner runner straight. I said 8 5 off??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? and he left the table immediatley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job, I wouldn't want him at my table either.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:14 AM

Default LOL ! n/m