Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 06:01 PM

Default PokerWorld.com using paid props. Read the prop contract here!

PokerWorld.com is now open for business offering 50% deposit bonus, huge referral fees, and even a 25% reload bonus. They've just started up on 2-20-03, so today there's only one game of $2-4 going and one play money game. The software says there's something like 58 players logged on. I guess most people are just observing the action for now.

What is interesting is that PokerWorld has decided to pay props to fill up their games. Even more interesting is that all the props will know each other and be logged into MSN Messenger service so they will be able to privately communicate with each other when they are playing in the games with each other.

Here is an exact copy of the contract that is being sent out to props:

HOSTING GUIDELINES
Welcome to the pokerworld hosting program. Please read the following guidelines and save them for future reference.

Mission Statement:The purpose of the hosting program is to start and provide round the clock games for customers to play at pokerworld any day any time. To this end, the host program is broken into the following components:

I. Scheduling
II. Starting and Maintaining Games
III. Effective Communication
IV. Compensation
V. Incentives
VI. Rules
VII. Disciplinary Action
VIII. FAQ's
FINAL Terms and Conditions/Scheduling Hours

I. Scheduling
A. 8 hours of scheduled shifts/week is mandatory
i. These are the same exact 8 hours every week
ii. You will have a specific game type and limit during your shift
B. Hosts are responsible to find and report substitutes for missed shifts and vacations to stay in good standing
C. All emails pertaining to missed shifts or scheduling should be sent to XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com
II. Starting and Maintaining Games
A. Hosts must not play heads up with another host.You will not be paid for these hands if you do. Playing heads up with a customer is fine. You do not have to play
heads up with a customer, but as soon as a third player sits down, you must sit in.
B. Hosts must play 3 handed if seated at the table.
C. Although short breaks must happen sometimes, hosts should not be sitting out of any game for more than 3 minutes unless the game is 8-10 handed. Choose when
the table is full to make that sandwich or that phone call.
D. Hosts must not sit out of 3 handed games to stay in good standing.
E. During shift hours
i. Sit at the game and limit you are assigned to.If the first table you sit at has 6 or more players seated already,you must also sit at another table of the
same game/limit that has 5 or less players. If you choose to play a 3rd table also,it can be whatever you choose as long as you're seated at 1 game of your designated limit with 5 or less players.
1. If you are sitting at a table with 5 or less other players,you do not have to start another game.
2. If you are at your game limit at 2 tables,you do not have to start another game, (For ex: you are scheduled for 3/6 holdem and are playing in 2 full games)
so long as the second table you sat at had 5 or less players when you sat.Then you do not need to leave a full game to start a new game.
F. Off shift hours
i. You are encouraged to play off your shift hours all you want,any time/day/limit you want so long as you're seated or playing in atleast 1 game of your designated limit.The rules 1 and 2 directly above still apply to your off
shift play.

III. Effective Communication
A. My email address is XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com Please contact me anytime if you have any questions or concerns.Add me to your MSN messenger.
B. All hosts will be logged onto MSN instant messenger while playing on their host account to stay in good standing. I will be on MSN at different times throughout the day.It is not necessary to sign in or out,or tell us when theres a player leaving or game breaking,etc...We will be watching and directing as we see fit...If you have an emergency and neither of us is on MSN, send an email to me.
C. Hosts will utilize a prop forum to receive hosts news,
promos,bonuses,and to schedule replacements for missed shifts.You do not have to join the Pokerprops.net
Forum,but it's only to your benefit.Also,only forum members will receive weekly/holiday bonuses and/or contest prizes.
D. If a host changes his/her email or changes or adds another username, it is expected that the host writes support@pokerworld.com with the changes.

IV. Compensation
A. Hosts will not be paid for heads up play versus another hosts.Very important.Check the forum for a list of hosts.You will be paid per hand as follows.

Stakes Pay per hand Ave pay/hr-(70hands/hr)
1/2 .07 $5
2/4 .12 $7-9
3/6 .15 $9-12
5/10+ .18 $10-14
NL/PL .10 $6-7

B. Hosts must play 600 total hands(all hands,on or off shift,assigned game or side game) per work week to be paid.
C. Although hosts are not paid for time spent at the tables sitting waiting for others to join the table or while sitting out;this does not relieve the hosts of their obligation to man their post at their designated table/limit on shift.
D. The pay period is Wednesday-Tuesday.Payday will be no later than the following Friday,deposited directly into your host account. Bankroll and time restraints - If either of these issues becomes an obstacle towards meeting the 600 hand requirement or an individual shift, please contact me immediately. Pay advances are available to hosts in good
standing.
E.To be paid for the week,you must play a minimum of 600
hands.There is a 6000 hand maximum per week for each host.

F. If you have any questions regarding your pay,e-mail me at XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com and i will look into it.

V. Incentives
A. Weekly contests/bonuses/holiday bonuses are placed on the
forum. All bonuses will be paid no later than the following Friday directly into your account unless otherwise noted.
B. Hosts are eligible for all promotions,deposit bonus', freerolls, promos ,etc.

VI. Rules
A. If someone asks about propping at pokerworld in general or about you specifically propping, please just ignore the player and inform me on MSN or by e-mail. How I
handle this depends on the situation. If I do not answer via MSN, please send me an email with the screen name of the person inquiring and you may tell the player to write support@pokerworld.com with their enquiry.
B. Hosts at pokerworld take on a role of representing the site and agree to act in a professional manner.
"Professional manner" includes showing respect
for other players at the table. Do not chat about poker at the table. Do not say "lol" "what a joke" "how could you play that,"etc. The right to chat is a privilege,not a
right. Appropriate chat is necessary to stay in good standing. Host accounts may>be muted at my discretion or by a member of support.

VII. Discipline
A. Hosts will be placed in a probationary period for two weeks after notification of bad standing.If the host is not in good standing at the end of the probationary period, the host may be dismissed from the program.
B. Any host posting any part of hosting business on rgp, 2+2 or the like may be dismissed.
C. Inappropriate chat will cause bad standing in the host program and may result in having you request yourself to be muted or dismissed.
D. Termination of Agreement
i. pokerworld reserves the right to change or terminate this program at any time. Hosts in good standing will be paid according to the number of hands played up until that point. If possible, pokerworld will give at least 7 days notice if it is determined this program will end. pokerworld also requests that any Host deciding to
terminate this agreement provide 7 days notice.
ii. Pokerworld also reserves the right to terminate any individual agreement for any of the following:
Failure to play during agreed upon time periods and/or stake levels
Failure to play according to AP's user agreement
Failure to act in a manner deemed to be appropriate while
representing AP

Other Stuff
Hosts are not paid for playing at heads up tables or tournament tables.
The playing week starts on Wednesday 00:01 am est. to Tuesday
11:59pm est.Payday will be no later than the following Friday.

VIII. FAQ's:

Q)What do I do if there is not a table at my game/limit available to start during my shift?
A)Keep your eye out for a seat and enjoy the freedom and send an email to XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com informing me that the tables were full.

Q)I am busted (even temporarily) and cannot make my shift (or my thousand hands); what should I do?
A)I will advance hosts in good standing pay. Come payday, Hosts must leave the amount owed in their account (not on the tables!) until the advanced amount is transfered back.
Hosts that remove the money will still owe and will not be in good standing and may be terminated.

Q)Do I have to play 2 handed?
A)No,you do not have to play 2 handed.If you are playing 3 handed and one player sits out, you may sit out too,but please inform the player to let you know when he is back and that you are ready to play as soon as. etc.

Q)Do I get paid for heads up play?
A)Yes,a host gets paid for playing heads up unless the host is sitting at a 2 player max table(heads up table) or playing versus another prop(check the forum for a list of props/hosts).

Terms and Conditions
If you wish to prop at pokerworld you must agree to the
terms and conditions outlined above.To agree and be a host in the new program,plese send a seperate email to me (XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com) saying that you agree to the
terms and conditions,along with your username/s and real name. Also include in this email all and any hours you are available for,days,and limits... so i can set the schedule for your 8 scheduled hours. Note...2/4 is the minimum limit for your scheduled hours. If you wish to play below 2/4 that is fine, but for your 8 hours of scheduled
time, it must be atleast 2/4.I will then set the schedule and confirm it with you.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: PokerWorld.com using paid props. Read the prop contract here!

For what it is worth, our prop program is not set up like that...the props do not talk to one another, they talk to one manager, and they are not given a list of who the other props are...
Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 PM

This is too little pay under restrictive conditions for a new low traffic site. It is nice that they are very upfront about everything.

MS Sunshine
Old 02-21-2004, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it is worth, our prop program is not set up like that...the props do not talk to one another, they talk to one manager, and they are not given a list of who the other props are...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what?

Your props never even got paid.

Your props can play 200 hours and not receive a penny.

Your a greedy scammer who will just keep all the money for yourself.

Get lost you pathetic spammer!

Old 02-21-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: PokerWorld.com giving away 10 seats to the WSOP Main event at Bini

We will be giving away 10 seats to the WSOP Main event at Binions Horseshoe in Las Vegas including airfare (up to $1000 USD) and hotel accommodations. We will be giving them away with PokerWorld Points buy-in tournaments. The entry to the tournament will be 1000 PokerWorld Points. Players can directly buy-in with PokerWorld Points.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:06 PM

I liked your offer and signed up to pokerworld.com.

But then I saw your tables.

Sorry to break it to you Anusbung. All online pokerrooms that have 8-handed tables or less are doomed to fail. Believe me. We have seen it before.

The average onlineplayer doesn't like to play shorthanded. When there's 8-max tables it is usually 7 or 6 handed in reality. And tables break accordingly. You only have to look at Partypokers 10-handed tables. When 2-3 players sit out the table it usually collapses in 2 minutes 50% of the time. What does that tell you????

I can't understand your reasons. I guess it goes something like this..."Let's have less seats at the tables. Maybe 8. Yay. That way we will get more rake an hour ...hooray".

Yes, you will get more rake per table/hour but you will also have a LOT less tables going.

Oh well. Who am I to complain.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:28 PM

The average onlineplayer doesn't like to play shorthanded. When there's 8-max tables it is usually 7 or 6 handed in reality. And tables break accordingly. You only have to look at Partypokers 10-handed tables. When 2-3 players sit out at the table it usually collapses in 2 minutes 50% of the time. What does that tell you?

Great point I have signed up to play maybe when they get going they will add more.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:04 PM

Default PokerWorld.com: Lies, and the Lying Liars That Tell Them:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a blatant flat out lie. If you continue to lie, people will not play at your site. People don't like get cheated and lied to.

Part of the deal is that props don't get paid when they play heads up against each other. READ THE CONTRACT. How are the props going to know when they are playing heads up against other props if they don't have a list of all the prop players ?

For further proof that you are a liar please check out this e-mail that was recently sent to a current prop at your site:

-------------------start of e-mail---------

I am Xxx Xxxxx -Propmaster--of The Xxxxxx Club to which you now belong. We hold an exclusive contract to supply Poker World with props. They are a new non-skin site coming out of beta owned by Olympic Sports, one of 3 largest Sports Books online. They intend to become one of top 5 poker rooms on line as well with our help. LAP negotiated an agreement to allow you this opportunity to become a successful pro poker player.

You must never use the PROP word at the tables. If someone persists in asking you refer them to support. That is not likely to happen and I have never had it happen to me.

Please add xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com to your MSN IM Buddy list and be sure to sign in on MSN before starting play.

Payday will be on Friday each week with funds deposited directly to your account by Poker World. From time to time you will earn Xxxxxx Bonus' which are paid 2 days later by transfers to your account.

You are eligible for all site promos including reload bonus' of 25%.

When we are 100% registered you will receive a list of your fellow Xxxxxx's screen names . That will be over weekend sometime.

We will not be using schedules for at least 6 months. If our coverage is good, we will never use schedules.

Please address any questions to me by email

My screen name is xxxxxxxx. You can IM me at any time if you have any question or problems.

WELCOME TO THE Xxxxxx CLUB AND POKER WORLD

------end of email-----------

Did you miss the part that says, "you will receive a list of your fellow Xxxxxx's screen names" ?

Can you explain now why you are lying to this group?

Why did you say, "they are not given a list of who the other props are" ? Can you please explain why you tell this group this and the prop manager is telling his props that they will soon receive a list of other props playing in the games?

Old 02-21-2004, 08:11 PM

Default PokerWorld.com: Lies, and the Lying Liars That Tell Them:

Detox works for PokerWorld's damage control program.

He's hoping that he can swamp the boards with positive things to say about the site to confuse potential players.

Is this the kind of site you want to play for?

One that lies and uses deceptive tactics like this?

Pretending to be an interested player -- but really just another rotten scammer.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:23 PM

Detox - is it we or they? You seem confused yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
We will be giving away 10 seats to the WSOP Main event at Binions Horseshoe in Las Vegas including airfare (up to $1000 USD) and hotel accommodations.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
maybe when they get going they will add more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to flip flop between we and they?