Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Poker Tracker Vs Stat King

will someone who has used both of these please explain the pros and cons of each thank you
Old 01-29-2004, 03:59 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Poker Tracker Vs Stat King

i don't see them as competing software. i use both daily. pokertracker is not good at precise logging, and statking is not good at hand analysis.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:54 PM

I have been using PT for quite some time now. I have not purchased statking for two reasons.

1. I like automated processes. PT I just download hand histories and it is all there.

2. It seems to me PT has all the data that StatKing would have...it just isn't presented as of yet.

On #2 I am thinking as PT moves forward (next version) it will render StatKing useless to most online only players.

If I am wrong about #2 can someone let me know what stats StatKing has that PT doesn't capture?

i.e. PT currently captures, length of session, limit, win/loss, etc etc... Does statking have something extra here?

Old 02-20-2004, 01:39 AM

Bigsooner,

I use Stat King. It will help you keep track of how much you earn/loss more hour. It compute your standard deviation. It has some neat feaures. For instance I learned I earn .75 BB more an hour on the weekends then I do during the week.

As another posted pointed out, Stat King will serve a different purpose than Poker Tracker.

Old 02-20-2004, 03:54 AM

The same information regarding BB / hour, BB / hour at weekdays, standards deviation etc. is available in Poker Tracker.
I think Poker Tracker is a brilliant anlysis tool. The amount of data you can sort on is enormous. Only minus is that at this time it only is available for HoldŽem, and only automated import from Stars, Paradise, party + skins.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:36 AM

Only minus is that at this time it only is available for HoldŽem, and only automated import from Stars, Paradise, party + skins.

I play exclusively at a B and M cardroom. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]