Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Any Way to Become Unaffiliated?

[ QUOTE ]
Affiliates are just skimming money off the game, their 'service' is no way near worth half of your rakeback, 5% tops

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the affiliates, including me, are very flexible on the % of the rake that they give back.

[ QUOTE ]
That was the basis for my original post. How can that be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you are signed up under your name for example, and your wife signs up under an affiliate who doesn't pay, it would be only logical for you to switch back.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, is it against the site rules (take Party for example) to kickback a percentage of the rake rebate?

[/ QUOTE ]

They enforce several rules about this issue. One is that you can't spam these offers to everyone.

But I have been told by them that it is fine to offer this deal to players. They know it's generally good for business.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, if you are signed up under your name for example, and your wife signs up under an affiliate who doesn't pay, it would be only logical for you to switch back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point here is that wife signs up under husband, why would he not pay? Reminds me of the trotting horse I once bet on 'No SEX Please'
Old 02-18-2004, 11:46 AM

People should concentrate on becoming better poker players, and forget about affiliates.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

multipoker, coralpoker, intertopspoker, partypoker, and empirepoker all use iglobalmedia software and connect to the same server. get an account at one of the other sites.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:34 PM

party really has no problem with the rake kickbacks as long as you are recruiting new players rather than telling an existing player to sign up under his wife's name. it's a way to ensure that frequent players stick around and the cost to them is the same, so what's the problem?

if you get an affiliate who doesn't pay you, you picked the wrong affiliate. that doesn't mean all affiliates are con artists.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For most sites, I would expect that it is sufficient to uninstall the client and clear the cookies. For sites like Choice, which tracks IP addresses, you will have to get your computer a new IP addresss, and probably un/reinstall the client to be safe before signing up as your grandmother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that'll work. The affliate thing is probably linked to your account, not your ip or specific computer. You'd probably have to signup a completely new account.