Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Any Way to Become Unaffiliated?

After reading the recent posts, it is clear these programs are a farse. When I signed up at Party & Empire, I entered someone's affiliate's code. Is there any way to undo this?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Any Way to Become Unaffiliated?

If you already have an Unaffiliated account, they tell you to sign up under your brother, mother, grandmother, best friend, or pet dog's name under their affiliate code.

I can't see a reason why you can't do the same to remove your affiliate.... try creating an account for a relative and play on that account instead. The site will probably thank you.

For most sites, I would expect that it is sufficient to uninstall the client and clear the cookies. For sites like Choice, which tracks IP addresses, you will have to get your computer a new IP addresss, and probably un/reinstall the client to be safe before signing up as your grandmother.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading the recent posts, it is clear these programs are a farse. When I signed up at Party & Empire, I entered someone's affiliate's code. Is there any way to undo this?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not an affiliate and i dont get any rake back at this time. i already have an account at all the skins. Lately ive been condidering setting up a new account at 1 of the skins in my wifes name so i can get my rake back. Now that im playing shorthanded this should really ad up. What am i missing? Whats wrong with free money? Im not being a smartass im serious. I know a couple of affiliates from this sight that i trust 100% because of previous dealings.

ps-no affiliate pms please i already know who ill be using-thanks. Im just trying to find out what the downside is. so what if someone else gets part of your rake as well. why would you care if it goes to them and they split it with you or it all goes to the sight and you get nothing.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: [url]www.multipoker.com[/url] - affiliate free....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
though im not sure that you should care if someone else is making a buck off you, yeah it would be ncie if you had a piece of the action, but if its imposible for you to get in on it, i dont see why you gotta spoil they other mans stew.

maybe put an account in a wifes name?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:33 AM

I'm not getting any of it back so I am gaining nothing. It seems to me that there's plenty of opportunity to sign up to what appears to be a good thing only to have "something" happen down the road. Will this affiliate still be around in 6 months? Will this under-the-table deal be honored? It also appears it's against the site rules to do this. Will the sites decide to someday crack down and go after the recipients as well?

So here I am lining someone's pockets and getting nothing in return. At least the site is providing something - like the place to play (yeah, that's kind of important) so at least from this perspective I'm getting something from the money I'm paying.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:04 AM

Most affiliates here will continue to pay you exactly what they owe you. Besides the moral reasons, we will do this because,

1) If we don't, you will most likely choose to stop playing under us.

2) It's good free advertizing to have you happy about everything. A good % of the players we get are brought to us through word of mouth.

Not really sure how else to convince you. Do you ever see people posting that some affiliate has not payed them?

-Eugene
Old 02-18-2004, 11:09 AM

Not really sure how else to convince you. Do you ever see people posting that some affiliate has not payed them

Not often, but I do get PM's about it.

Lori
Old 02-18-2004, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most affiliates here will continue to pay you exactly what they owe you. Besides the moral reasons, we will do this because,

1) If we don't, you will most likely choose to stop playing under us.

2) It's good free advertizing to have you happy about everything. A good % of the players we get are brought to us through word of mouth.

Not really sure how else to convince you. Do you ever see people posting that some affiliate has not payed them?

-Eugene

[/ QUOTE ]

Why possible pay someone you don't know half of the rakeback available to you , when you can sign up under a wife, mother or brother and get it all back?
Affiliates are just skimming money off the game, their 'service' is no way near worth half of your rakeback, 5% tops.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:13 AM

"1) If we don't, you will most likely choose to stop playing under us."

That was the basis for my original post. How can that be done?

Also, is it against the site rules (take Party for example) to kickback a percentage of the rake rebate?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:22 AM

Festus

Are you sure it was an affiliate code or just a refer-a-friend bonus?

Peace,
Joe Tall